Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: WOW Amazing!

WOW Amazing! 6 days 16 hours ago #1

What an awesome amazing event. Yeah, a glitch now and then, but so what? What you did with a month of prep, all the tech, and HECK YEAH! TD at Gencon 2020 apocalypse. Thank you all for an amazing experience.
Cant wait for more!
We have met the enemy and they are ours:Two ships, two brigs, one schooner and one sloop
September 10, 1813

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WOW Amazing! 6 days 16 hours ago #2

I had fun, enough so that I wish I could squeeze in time (and money) to play again this weekend.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WOW Amazing! 6 days 14 hours ago #3

Totally agree. What Jeff, his staff and volunteers have been able to put together in such a short time is nothing short of amazing. I am enjoying the opportunity to play with so many veterans and meet some of the new players. Someone asked me if I thought TD would survive COVID. It is obvious that with all this effort it will be around for many years.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WOW Amazing! 6 days 13 hours ago #4

Agreed! Very impressive for the short time you all had to put it together!
Classes Played: Barbarian (21 times), Monk (16), Rogue (10), Cleric (9), Fighter (9), Ranger (8), Dwarf Fighter (7), Paladin (5), Druid (5), Elf Wizard (2), Wizard (2).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WOW Amazing! 6 days 13 hours ago #5

  • bpsymington
  • bpsymington's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer
  • Posts: 14568
Does this replace the actual experience of True Dungeon? No, nothing would.

But man, considering what Jeff and Lori and their crew and volunteers had to do in such a short amount of time with such limited resources, this event was AMAZING. Really impressed by the quality of the puzzles and combats, everyone did a great job.

I could see more VTD events happening even when the world returns to some version of normal, if they can work out the needs for volunteer DMs/NPCs/golems.

Technical glitches were very minor.
Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer

Awesome avatar by Mauve Shirt!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WOW Amazing! 6 days 13 hours ago #6

bpsymington wrote: Does this replace the actual experience of True Dungeon? No, nothing would.

But man, considering what Jeff and Lori and their crew and volunteers had to do in such a short amount of time with such limited resources, this event was AMAZING. Really impressed by the quality of the puzzles and combats, everyone did a great job.

I could see more VTD events happening even when the world returns to some version of normal, if they can work out the needs for volunteer DMs/NPCs/golems.

Technical glitches were very minor.


I would be amazingly happy to have 1 weekend per month, or even one day per month, where a Virtual TD was held. Maybe rotating out puzzles or combats every 3 or 4 months, giving several time periods players could get in to play each dungeon.



Also definitely drop my annual reminder of how awesome TDC was and how much I would love even a one day version of the event.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WOW Amazing! 6 days 13 hours ago #7

  • bpsymington
  • bpsymington's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer
  • Posts: 14568
I enjoyed the time in the epilogue room, being given the chance to give some feedback. Then getting to chat a bit with the party in the breakout room was very cool.
Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer

Awesome avatar by Mauve Shirt!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WOW Amazing! 6 days 13 hours ago #8

  • bpsymington
  • bpsymington's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer
  • Posts: 14568

Arcanist Kolixela wrote:

bpsymington wrote: Does this replace the actual experience of True Dungeon? No, nothing would.

But man, considering what Jeff and Lori and their crew and volunteers had to do in such a short amount of time with such limited resources, this event was AMAZING. Really impressed by the quality of the puzzles and combats, everyone did a great job.

I could see more VTD events happening even when the world returns to some version of normal, if they can work out the needs for volunteer DMs/NPCs/golems.

Technical glitches were very minor.


I would be amazingly happy to have 1 weekend per month, or even one day per month, where a Virtual TD was held. Maybe rotating out puzzles or combats every 3 or 4 months, giving several time periods players could get in to play each dungeon.



Also definitely drop my annual reminder of how awesome TDC was and how much I would love even a one day version of the event.


Arcanist, sending you PM.
Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer

Awesome avatar by Mauve Shirt!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WOW Amazing! 6 days 13 hours ago #9

bpsymington wrote: I enjoyed the time in the epilogue room, being given the chance to give some feedback. Then getting to chat a bit with the party in the breakout room was very cool.


Agreed...even though I didn’t say much. Hadn’t eaten dinner before the run. Kinda like how things go at real Gen Cons...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WOW Amazing! 6 days 12 hours ago #10

bpsymington wrote: I could see more VTD events happening even when the world returns to some version of normal


+1

Having thoroughly enjoyed my first run of V1, I am ridiculously excited that we get to play FIVE new adventures this year! Not many good things have happened in 2020 so far, so I'm super grateful to Jeff and company for this silver lining.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WOW Amazing! 6 days 3 hours ago #11

  • Harlax
  • Harlax's Avatar
  • Away
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Baruk Khazad!
  • Posts: 7381

David Zych wrote:

bpsymington wrote: I could see more VTD events happening even when the world returns to some version of normal


+1

Having thoroughly enjoyed my first run of V1, I am ridiculously excited that we get to play FIVE new adventures this year! Not many good things have happened in 2020 so far, so I'm super grateful to Jeff and company for this silver lining.


I don’t think we get all 5 in 2020.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WOW Amazing! 6 days 3 hours ago #12

Harlax wrote:

David Zych wrote:

bpsymington wrote: I could see more VTD events happening even when the world returns to some version of normal


+1

Having thoroughly enjoyed my first run of V1, I am ridiculously excited that we get to play FIVE new adventures this year! Not many good things have happened in 2020 so far, so I'm super grateful to Jeff and company for this silver lining.


I don’t think we get all 5 in 2020.


Well, the 2020-2021 season.....

Also, we will likely be wanting for good things in early 2021 as well
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Wade Schwendemann.
  • Page:
  • 1
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds