Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: Gen Con VIG Questions

Gen Con VIG Questions 1 year 3 months ago #13

Thanks all! Definitely going to move forward with getting VIG.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Gen Con VIG Questions 1 year 3 months ago #14

  • bpsymington
  • bpsymington's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 10th Level
  • Supporter
  • Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer
  • Posts: 15766
I’ve been trying to get into the VIG program for years without any luck.
Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer

Awesome avatar by Mauve Shirt!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Gen Con VIG Questions 1 year 3 months ago #15

bpsymington wrote: I’ve been trying to get into the VIG program for years without any luck.


Agreed. Wish I had tried when
It was first announced, but I couldn't really justify it then.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Gen Con VIG Questions 1 year 3 months ago #16

Question for VIG's regarding payment method.. Can you pay via PayPal??
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our point of view" - Obi Wan Kenobi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Gen Con VIG Questions 1 year 3 months ago #17

Rob F wrote: Question for VIG's regarding payment method.. Can you pay via PayPal??


your payment methods are the same as any other badge, it "just" costs more.
--
macXdmg
Monk of the Painda Order
Bard of the College of Sick Beats

Trade thread truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=61&id=253064#406060

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Gen Con VIG Questions 1 year 3 months ago #18

To hijack the thread and maybe say what some others are thinking...any advice to getting into VIG? :)

It seems like it's just a lottery, but I don't know if X time on the waiting list matters at all or not. I've been going to gencon for awhile now and started trying for VIG a few years ago. No luck. :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Gen Con VIG Questions 1 year 3 months ago #19

ini wrote: To hijack the thread and maybe say what some others are thinking...any advice to getting into VIG? :)

It seems like it's just a lottery, but I don't know if X time on the waiting list matters at all or not. I've been going to gencon for awhile now and started trying for VIG a few years ago. No luck. :(


The important part is to make sure you sign up every year when the sign up becomes available (usually in November/December I think). The process they've said they use doesn't provide any benefit for people that have been trying for years to get in vs those trying for the first time. It took me about 7 years of trying before I got in. I know other people who got in the first year they tried.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Gen Con VIG Questions 1 year 3 months ago #20

Fiddy wrote:

ini wrote: To hijack the thread and maybe say what some others are thinking...any advice to getting into VIG? :)

It seems like it's just a lottery, but I don't know if X time on the waiting list matters at all or not. I've been going to gencon for awhile now and started trying for VIG a few years ago. No luck. :(


The important part is to make sure you sign up every year when the sign up becomes available (usually in November/December I think). The process they've said they use doesn't provide any benefit for people that have been trying for years to get in vs those trying for the first time. It took me about 7 years of trying before I got in. I know other people who got in the first year they tried.


Selection is determined randomly by rolling d20s next to each name. All nat 20s advance to the next round out of all people applying for VIG. That process continues until only the number of applicants are left equalling the number of available slots. Total slots tend not to increase so it is mostly based on people who don’t renew (a small number normally.)

For the record, I did try to buy the d20 the rolled my name but no luck there :)
What do we want? Evidence based science! When do we want it? After peer review!

Elf Wizard build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=570&id=247398

Rogue build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=569&id=245490#287189

Items for Sale or Trade
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247555

Items needed to complete my collection
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=61&id=253058

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds