Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: Mistakenly sent 2021 GENCON Badge

Mistakenly sent 2021 GENCON Badge 3 months 2 weeks ago #1

Hey everyone! I was wondering if this happened to anyone else. I rolled my GENCON badge from 2021 to 2022 via email, and yet I just got my 2021 GENCON badge in the mail. I just emailed GENCON back to see if we can straighten it out since I'm not attending GENCON this year (primarily because True Dungeon won't be there, but also because I don't consider wearing a mask throughout GENCON to be enjoyable).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mistakenly sent 2021 GENCON Badge 3 months 2 weeks ago #2

  • bpsymington
  • bpsymington's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer
  • Posts: 15656
My badge should be arriving Monday. I am going - don't like the mask policy, but I'm not starting any protests or anything. Probably do more open gaming in the hotels where you won't need the mask.

If you had contacted GC to roll over the badge I am sure they will make the change. They must be dealing with tons of refunds, rollovers, and cancellations.
Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer

Awesome avatar by Mauve Shirt!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mistakenly sent 2021 GENCON Badge 3 months 2 weeks ago #3

I'm sure we'll work it out. I'll need to find out if I need to return the badge, which I've asked them about. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mistakenly sent 2021 GENCON Badge 3 months 2 weeks ago #4

I didn't have any interaction or emails at all, but I had a badge show up a week ago. I emailed them but no response yet. Hopefully I can get a credit since I won't be going.
My online token shop: www.tdtavern.com

We buy, sell, and trade True Dungeon tokens. We also have a convenient consignment program where you can sell your own tokens.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mistakenly sent 2021 GENCON Badge 3 months 2 weeks ago #5

  • NightGod
  • NightGod's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • It's only push damage...how bad could it be?!
  • Posts: 868
I've seen a few reports of this in the GenCon FB group. It's wide-spread enough that I feel confident GenCon will correct any issues that arise from it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mistakenly sent 2021 GENCON Badge 3 months 2 weeks ago #6

As an FYI, GENCON is already fixing this for me. Fortunately I still had my email from them saying that they would roll it over, so I could show them that it was supposed to roll over. There's a dog training joke in there somewhere about how you teach GENCON to roll over. ;)

All I had to do was send them a photo of the badge cut in half vertically (which I've done), and they'll roll my badge over to next year and refund the shipping back to GENCON credit. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mistakenly sent 2021 GENCON Badge 3 months 2 weeks ago #7

Mike Steele wrote: As an FYI, GENCON is already fixing this for me. Fortunately I still had my email from them saying that they would roll it over, so I could show them that it was supposed to roll over. There's a dog training joke in there somewhere about how you teach GENCON to roll over. ;)

All I had to do was send them a photo of the badge cut in half vertically (which I've done), and they'll roll my badge over to next year and refund the shipping back to GENCON credit. :)


You’d think they would just say “you’re right, our bad, so just keep the badge this year anyways”. It wouldn’t cost them anything and it would give them some good will. Lol they make you cut it up and take a pic…..jeez

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mistakenly sent 2021 GENCON Badge 3 months 2 weeks ago #8

Flik wrote:

Mike Steele wrote: As an FYI, GENCON is already fixing this for me. Fortunately I still had my email from them saying that they would roll it over, so I could show them that it was supposed to roll over. There's a dog training joke in there somewhere about how you teach GENCON to roll over. ;)

All I had to do was send them a photo of the badge cut in half vertically (which I've done), and they'll roll my badge over to next year and refund the shipping back to GENCON credit. :)


You’d think they would just say “you’re right, our bad, so just keep the badge this year anyways”. It wouldn’t cost them anything and it would give them some good will. Lol they make you cut it up and take a pic…..jeez


Good point. Restaurants always earn good will with me when they mess up an order and let you keep the messed up version as well as the corrected version, as opposed to them just throwing it away.

I did actually tape it back together as a keepsake. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mistakenly sent 2021 GENCON Badge 3 months 2 weeks ago #9

they need proof of destruction so it can't be used by anyone else.

this year with limited numbers they have to very closely watch the number of badges in use for each day and area.
*mental note* always listen to Jeff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mistakenly sent 2021 GENCON Badge 3 months 1 week ago #10

bpsymington wrote: My badge should be arriving Monday. I am going - don't like the mask policy, but I'm not starting any protests or anything. Probably do more open gaming in the hotels where you won't need the mask.

If you had contacted GC to roll over the badge I am sure they will make the change. They must be dealing with tons of refunds, rollovers, and cancellations.


They just have to be neck deep in e-mails, I'm sure. We sent an email requesting to have our tickets refunded (paper) and badges cancelled. We've decided the risk is not worth the reward to go this year, particularly with recent changes. If I'm honest with myself, I never felt fully safe with the scale and interactions this year, given what's going on. I just want them to sort out the dang tickets, as I know at least 4 other people (6 including us) from our group of 11 have made similar requests to have their badges cancelled. I'd prefer NOT to have to drive to indy to sort it out, haha.
~Rebecca

The Dragon's Horde aka our tokens for sale/trade
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=253588

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Dragon6483.

Mistakenly sent 2021 GENCON Badge 3 months 1 week ago #11

  • NightGod
  • NightGod's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • It's only push damage...how bad could it be?!
  • Posts: 868

Dragon6483 wrote:

bpsymington wrote: My badge should be arriving Monday. I am going - don't like the mask policy, but I'm not starting any protests or anything. Probably do more open gaming in the hotels where you won't need the mask.

If you had contacted GC to roll over the badge I am sure they will make the change. They must be dealing with tons of refunds, rollovers, and cancellations.


They just have to be neck deep in e-mails, I'm sure. We sent an email requesting to have our tickets refunded (paper) and badges cancelled. We've decided the risk is not worth the reward to go this year, particularly with recent changes. If I'm honest with myself, I never felt fully safe with the scale and interactions this year, given what's going on. I just want them to sort out the dang tickets, as I know at least 4 other people (6 including us) from our group of 11 have made similar requests to have their badges cancelled. I'd prefer NOT to have to drive to indy to sort it out, haha.

A friend got told that it was past the date and they weren't going to refund his badge. I'm hoping this policy changes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mistakenly sent 2021 GENCON Badge 3 months 1 week ago #12

NightGod wrote:

Dragon6483 wrote:

bpsymington wrote: My badge should be arriving Monday. I am going - don't like the mask policy, but I'm not starting any protests or anything. Probably do more open gaming in the hotels where you won't need the mask.

If you had contacted GC to roll over the badge I am sure they will make the change. They must be dealing with tons of refunds, rollovers, and cancellations.


They just have to be neck deep in e-mails, I'm sure. We sent an email requesting to have our tickets refunded (paper) and badges cancelled. We've decided the risk is not worth the reward to go this year, particularly with recent changes. If I'm honest with myself, I never felt fully safe with the scale and interactions this year, given what's going on. I just want them to sort out the dang tickets, as I know at least 4 other people (6 including us) from our group of 11 have made similar requests to have their badges cancelled. I'd prefer NOT to have to drive to indy to sort it out, haha.

A friend got told that it was past the date and they weren't going to refund his badge. I'm hoping this policy changes.


Yeah, we were accepting of eating the badge cost, though I did tell them that, when they made their policy change on 8/6, after the deadline, that they should have reconsidered opening that deadline back up for a few days. That would not have changed out situation, but would have changed that of those quicker to the decision. I think this year would be the time to be less rigid, which, to be fair, they have to some extent....100 isn't gonna hurt us, but I'm sure it will impact some others a lot more.
~Rebecca

The Dragon's Horde aka our tokens for sale/trade
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=253588

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds