Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ring of the Fifth Circle Slotless?

Ring of the Fifth Circle Slotless? 2 months 1 week ago #25

  • NightGod
  • NightGod's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • It's only push damage...how bad could it be?!
  • Posts: 880

Aegoce wrote: Pull the gems out of each ring and fit them into a gauntlet of some sort for the gloves slot? Who knows what creative things TPTB might come up with.

Seems premature to be too concerned about what the final transmute will end up being. We don't know what the powers on the other rings will be (though I'm betting it's going to be all defensively focused, so one for each save and one for HP).

If the boosts on the other rings are enough, the final piece could still edge out some nightmare options at least for cleric/bard/dwarf, possibly others. Much like the kilts, you're going to sit on a few tokens you won't be equipping for a few years until the merge happens and you can incorporate that power.

Plenty of time to argue in 4ish years in the token design threads for the final.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ring of the Fifth Circle Slotless? 2 months 1 week ago #26

Druegar wrote:

Fiddy wrote: Rod of Seven Parts makes use of the same slot as its components
Skull of Cavadar makes use of the same slot as its components
Ring of Fifth Circle Final Transmute makes use of the same slot as its components

You beat me to it Fiddy! :)


That seems like an odd comparison, but I'm clearly on a different wavelength than you on this. There isn't a "Rod" slot or a "Skull" slot that only one token can fit in, as all 7 individual Rod Segments or Teeth can be equipped at the same time, while currently a maximum of three of the individual Rings (if they are all rings) will be able to be equipped at the same time because of the limited number of Ring slots. The Rod and the Skull and all of their components are all slotless, the only reason the transmutes can't be equipped along with their components is that a rule was put in place to prevent that.

Also, per TokenDB, the Rod of Seven Parts and the Skull of Cavadar are slotless, they aren't occupying a "Rod" or a "Skull" slot.

Just to be clear, I am in no way trying to make a case that this transmuted token or it's components should be slotless, as that's entirely up to True Dungeon. I was only stating that the precedent of the premium token transmutes was slotless. I'm really surprised anyone is arguing that point, it seems to be a simple statement of fact, backed up by their entries in TokenDB.Com.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ring of the Fifth Circle Slotless? 2 months 1 week ago #27

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 6601
If the goal is to make them Rod/Tooth like, maybe future rings could use a template like


Ring of the 5th circle: +2 AC.
Ring of the 4th circle: + Some primary effect, may equip 1 additional ring of the Circle.
Ring of the 3th circle: + Some primary effect, may equip 1 additional ring of the Circle.
Ring of the 2th circle: + Some primary effect, may equip 1 additional ring of the Circle.
Ring of the 1st circle: + Some primary effect, may equip 1 additional ring of the Circle.


Ring of the Full Circle: Combined primary effects.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ring of the Fifth Circle Slotless? 2 months 1 week ago #28

Sounds to me like Mike's Ring slots are full and he's fanning the flames years in advance to make his case for the transmute to be slotless. But maybe I'm wrong. In any case I say why over think it. It's a ring. Rings are worn on fingers. End of thread as far as I'm concerned however I'm sure the "power-creepers" out there will keep this thread rolling.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." - Albert Einstein

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ring of the Fifth Circle Slotless? 2 months 1 week ago #29

Rob F wrote: Sounds to me like Mike's Ring slots are full and he's fanning the flames years in advance to make his case for the transmute to be slotless. But maybe I'm wrong. In any case I say why over think it. It's a ring. Rings are worn on fingers. End of thread as far as I'm concerned however I'm sure the "power-creepers" out there will keep this thread rolling.


Rob, you are wrong. All I was doing was pointing out what the precedent was and asking if this would also be slotless. I said this just two posts before yours: "Just to be clear, I am in no way trying to make a case that this transmuted token or it's components should be slotless, as that's entirely up to True Dungeon".

I'm totally fine if it is slotted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ring of the Fifth Circle Slotless? 2 months 1 week ago #30

I think all of you are missing the contextual clue here.

It's a "fifth" that leaves rings (like on tables.)

Yes - the transmute will be scotch.

:P

Fred
What do we want? Evidence based science! When do we want it? After peer review!

Wizard build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=570&id=247398

Rogue build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=569&id=245490#287189

Items for Sale or Trade
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247555

Items needed to complete my collection
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=61&id=253058

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ring of the Fifth Circle Slotless? 2 months 1 week ago #31

Fred K wrote: I think all of you are missing the contextual clue here.

It's a "fifth" that leaves rings (like on tables.)

Yes - the transmute will be scotch.

:P

Fred

Will it also need to age 20 years before we can make the transmute?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ring of the Fifth Circle Slotless? 2 months 1 week ago #32

Of course! We aren't barbarians. Ok, some are - but 9 out of every 10 of us aren't.

Fred
What do we want? Evidence based science! When do we want it? After peer review!

Wizard build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=570&id=247398

Rogue build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=569&id=245490#287189

Items for Sale or Trade
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247555

Items needed to complete my collection
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=61&id=253058

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ring of the Fifth Circle Slotless? 2 months 1 week ago #33

Endgame wrote:

Fred K wrote: I think all of you are missing the contextual clue here.

It's a "fifth" that leaves rings (like on tables.)

Yes - the transmute will be scotch.

:P

Fred

Will it also need to age 20 years before we can make the transmute?


No. Because we're sane and drinking Bourbon instead of Scotch.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ring of the Fifth Circle Slotless? 2 months 1 week ago #34

Fiddy wrote:

Endgame wrote:

Fred K wrote: I think all of you are missing the contextual clue here.

It's a "fifth" that leaves rings (like on tables.)

Yes - the transmute will be scotch.

:P

Fred

Will it also need to age 20 years before we can make the transmute?


No. Because we're sane and drinking Bourbon instead of Scotch.


Bourbon>Scotch. It is known.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ring of the Fifth Circle Slotless? 2 months 1 week ago #35

Ok, things we learned in this thread:
1. Regardless of any precedent that may or may not have existed before, the transmuted Ring of Five Circles is probably going to be a ring; deal with it.
2. We hijacked this thread, that makes us pirates...so we're drinking rum!
this is not a signature.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ring of the Fifth Circle Slotless? 2 months 1 week ago #36

Josh M. wrote:

Fiddy wrote:

Endgame wrote:

Fred K wrote: I think all of you are missing the contextual clue here.

It's a "fifth" that leaves rings (like on tables.)

Yes - the transmute will be scotch.

:P

Fred

Will it also need to age 20 years before we can make the transmute?


No. Because we're sane and drinking Bourbon instead of Scotch.


Bourbon>Scotch. It is known.

That’s more wrong than saying the ring of the 5th circle is part of the Arcane set.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds