Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: Question about waist slot

Question about waist slot 1 month 3 weeks ago #13

I must have misread the tokens then. Not so valuable to me anymore.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Question about waist slot 1 month 3 weeks ago #14

Druegar wrote: The first line of Runestone Fitting Base's description says (emphasis added):
This item allows a Rare runestone to be affixed to a single weapon, thus allowing that runestone’s power to take effect when that specific weapon is wielded.


Okay so I would need 2 stones and 2 fitting bases to affix special dmg to both melee & ranged. My build is paladin and eventually when I can afford it I will have my main be Ava’s Sword and Glin’s Shield, and ranged: Io’s bow. I want yo say the reason one doesn’t effect both melee and ranged is to allow us as players to choose different dmg augment types for different weapons depending on the encounter. My question would be.. if I had 2 runestone bases, for melee and ranged, what’s the point of the Runestone slot on the character sheet?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Question about waist slot 1 month 3 weeks ago #15

Tyraël The Just wrote:

Druegar wrote: The first line of Runestone Fitting Base's description says (emphasis added):
This item allows a Rare runestone to be affixed to a single weapon, thus allowing that runestone’s power to take effect when that specific weapon is wielded.


Okay so I would need 2 stones and 2 fitting bases to affix special dmg to both melee & ranged. My build is paladin and eventually when I can afford it I will have my main be Ava’s Sword and Glin’s Shield, and ranged: Io’s bow. I want yo say the reason one doesn’t effect both melee and ranged is to allow us as players to choose different dmg augment types for different weapons depending on the encounter. My question would be.. if I had 2 runestone bases, for melee and ranged, what’s the point of the Runestone slot on the character sheet?


The first runestone is free on each weapon, attaching Additional runestones requires fitting bases

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Question about waist slot 1 month 3 weeks ago #16

  • jedibcg
  • jedibcg's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • What is personal text?
  • Posts: 10664
You could also use 2 Bases with 1 weapon

Tokendb
“ A single character may equip up to two Runestone Fitting Bases. They may both be attached to the same weapon or to two different weapons.”

If you think your sword is going to see more use…
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Question about waist slot 1 month 3 weeks ago #17

When you use but a single runestone, it affects YOU, not just one weapon. E.g., if you used a Sun Runestone (and no other runestones), it would affect ALL your successful melee hits, no matter which melee weapon you attacked with. Whereas if you used a 2nd runestone, you're required to use a Runestone Fitting Base and that runestone ONLY affects attacks made using the one weapon to which it is attached. If you used a 3rd runestone with a 2nd RFB, that runestone would only affect the one weapon to which it was attached.

Expanding on the previous example, let's say you use a Sun Runestone (not in an RFB), a Decay Runestone attached to your Sword of Swording, and a Fire Runestone attached to your Bow of Bowing. ALL melee attacks you make, regardless of what melee weapon you're using, deal +1 Sacred damage from the Sun Runestone. When you attack with your Sword of Swording, you'll deal +1 Sacred damage from the Sun and +1 Acid damage from the Decay. When you attack with your Bow of Bowing, you'll deal +1 Fire damage because a bow is not a melee weapon and neither the Sun nor Decay stones can affect it.

If you were to attack with your Club of Partying, you'd deal +1 Sacred damage from the Sun because that rune affects all your melee attacks, but you would not get the +1 Acid damage from the Decay rune because the Decay rune ONLY affects your Sword of Swording.

If you were to attack with your Crossbow of Optometry, you would not get any extra rune damage because it's not a melee weapon and the Fire rune is not attached to it.

Does that help or just make it muddier?
Have you looked it up in the TDb ?
Please post TDb corrections in this thread .
If I write something in teal, it should not be taken seriously

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Question about waist slot 1 month 3 weeks ago #18

If Sword of Swording, Bow of Bowing, Club of Partying, and Crossbow of Optometry don’t become real tokens, there are going to be a lot of Crushed Dreams.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Question about waist slot 1 month 3 weeks ago #19

AAckeret wrote: If Sword of Swording, Bow of Bowing, Club of Partying, and Crossbow of Optometry don’t become real tokens, there are going to be a lot of Crushed Dreams.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Have you looked it up in the TDb ?
Please post TDb corrections in this thread .
If I write something in teal, it should not be taken seriously

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Question about waist slot 1 month 3 weeks ago #20

Druegar wrote: When you use but a single runestone, it affects YOU, not just one weapon. E.g., if you used a Sun Runestone (and no other runestones), it would affect ALL your successful melee hits, no matter which melee weapon you attacked with. Whereas if you used a 2nd runestone, you're required to use a Runestone Fitting Base and that runestone ONLY affects attacks made using the one weapon to which it is attached. If you used a 3rd runestone with a 2nd RFB, that runestone would only affect the one weapon to which it was attached.

Expanding on the previous example, let's say you use a Sun Runestone (not in an RFB), a Decay Runestone attached to your Sword of Swording, and a Fire Runestone attached to your Bow of Bowing. ALL melee attacks you make, regardless of what melee weapon you're using, deal +1 Sacred damage from the Sun Runestone. When you attack with your Sword of Swording, you'll deal +1 Sacred damage from the Sun and +1 Acid damage from the Decay. When you attack with your Bow of Bowing, you'll deal +1 Fire damage because a bow is not a melee weapon and neither the Sun nor Decay stones can affect it.

If you were to attack with your Club of Partying, you'd deal +1 Sacred damage from the Sun because that rune affects all your melee attacks, but you would not get the +1 Acid damage from the Decay rune because the Decay rune ONLY affects your Sword of Swording.

If you were to attack with your Crossbow of Optometry, you would not get any extra rune damage because it's not a melee weapon and the Fire rune is not attached to it.

Does that help or just make it muddier?


As expansive as that is, it makes perfect sense. Some stones only effect certain things. Depending on the dungeon and encounters it might be best to put a stone in your normal character slot that effects a all weapons, then put a stone that is more specific such as that sacred stone in the RSFB and attack it to the melee / sword.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds