Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Going back to fewer auctions/non competing auctions?

Going back to fewer auctions/non competing auctions? 1 month 2 weeks ago #1

Before the end of last year, we almost always had people coordinate $8K auctions so there wasn't more than 1 at a time. That allowed a variety of people to try and run them and benefitted the community by having different approaches and spreading out who gets GTs more. I'll grant not all were great ideas (I tried one where I lost my shirt on a few years ago but l suspect both I and the community learned from it.)

We also end up with fewer failed auctions this way since the pool of bidders get focused on each individual auction. That means less wasted time by bidders and better success rates by auctioneers (not sure if that is the correct term or if that is just the guy who speaks really fast in bidding shows)?

Maybe it is naïve of me to suggest we work together on these to benefit everyone but I hope it is heard.

Fred
What do we want? Evidence based science! When do we want it? After peer review!

Elf Wizard build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=570&id=247398

Rogue build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=569&id=245490#287189

Items for Sale or Trade
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247555

Items needed to complete my collection
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=61&id=253058
The topic has been locked.

Going back to fewer auctions/non competing auctions? 1 month 2 weeks ago #2

I'd be strongly in support of this, FWIW
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 
The topic has been locked.

Going back to fewer auctions/non competing auctions? 1 month 2 weeks ago #3

FWIW, here's a previous thread on this topic: truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=584&id=252014
dmrzzz's trade thread

Yes, my AC is lower than the Wizard's. No regrets!
The topic has been locked.

Going back to fewer auctions/non competing auctions? 1 month 2 weeks ago #4

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote: I'd be strongly in support of this, FWIW


As Would I. I’d love to run them in the future and I think this may help. I still think 2 at a time is okay, from different types of condensed or regular packs.
The topic has been locked.

Going back to fewer auctions/non competing auctions? 1 month 2 weeks ago #5

I agree 2 at a time if they are substantially different (condensed v uncondensed, etc.) would make sense.

It sounds like the vast majority of the TD community would prefer a queue system rather than free-for-all. It sounds like the people running constant auctions aren't willing to operate with a queue. Suggestions on that?

Fred
What do we want? Evidence based science! When do we want it? After peer review!

Elf Wizard build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=570&id=247398

Rogue build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=569&id=245490#287189

Items for Sale or Trade
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247555

Items needed to complete my collection
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=61&id=253058
The topic has been locked.

Going back to fewer auctions/non competing auctions? 1 month 2 weeks ago #6

Fred K wrote: I agree 2 at a time if they are substantially different (condensed v uncondensed, etc.) would make sense.

It sounds like the vast majority of the TD community would prefer a queue system rather than free-for-all. It sounds like the people running constant auctions aren't willing to operate with a queue. Suggestions on that?

Fred

if the majority of the community does prefer that system…not saying they do or don’t…then it should be easy to get the majority of the community to only buy from queue auctions. Anyone not in that majority are going to do what they want. If Iess than a majority are enough to fund rogue auctions then rogue auction might not exactly be the issue…if there is an issue. Not saying there is or isn’t just presenting what I see an option.

I don’t run auctions and I rarely bid on them. I cannot tell you the last time I won a forum auction.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.
The topic has been locked.

Going back to fewer auctions/non competing auctions? 1 month 2 weeks ago #7

jedibcg wrote:

Fred K wrote: I agree 2 at a time if they are substantially different (condensed v uncondensed, etc.) would make sense.

It sounds like the vast majority of the TD community would prefer a queue system rather than free-for-all. It sounds like the people running constant auctions aren't willing to operate with a queue. Suggestions on that?

Fred

if the majority of the community does prefer that system…not saying they do or don’t…then it should be easy to get the majority of the community to only buy from queue auctions. Anyone not in that majority are going to do what they want. If Iess than a majority are enough to fund rogue auctions then rogue auction might not exactly be the issue…if there is an issue. Not saying there is or isn’t just presenting what I see an option.

I don’t run auctions and I rarely bid on them. I cannot tell you the last time I won a forum auction.


I’m just here to chew bubblegum and kill monsters… and I’m all out of bubblegum… ( been waiting to say it 😂😂 )
The topic has been locked.

Going back to fewer auctions/non competing auctions? 1 month 2 weeks ago #8

David Zych wrote: FWIW, here's a previous thread on this topic: truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=584&id=252014


Gah, I got roasted so badly in that thread for making that suggestion...
Last edit: by Daniel White.
The topic has been locked.

Going back to fewer auctions/non competing auctions? 1 month 2 weeks ago #9

I have a feeling this thread and some comments have been directed at my shop and hopefully I’m helping add more to the community than detract from it. This is the reason I introduced sponsorships to my normal stream of auctions and am happy that so far have helped get 3 people GTs this year! :)

I did run back to backs recently due to the SkullCon push and will be running sponsored auctions back to back in July/August and have gotten great feedback so far! I hope this is a happy medium and it was great meeting everyone at SkullCon and the support.

My goal was to provide a consistent format at all times for the community and the option to have a single spot to combine shipments, especially when you miss out on the item you were looking for in one auction. I also have had good success extending the auctions in and out of the forums and I think I have helped some newer players find the forums that started with my site.
- Send me in DM! I'M READY TO ROLL!

Swing by utakustradecaravan.com to buy, trade, or bid on tokens for your True Dungeon characters!
From my humble caravan I offer:
- Trade Goods and Treasurers I've gathered along the way (Completion, Ultra Rare+, etc.)
- My Trading Post with my current needs/wants!
- My Auction House hosting 8K Auctions, charity auctions, and more!
Last edit: by Utaku Soto.
The topic has been locked.

Going back to fewer auctions/non competing auctions? 1 month 2 weeks ago #10

Tyraël The Just wrote:

jedibcg wrote:

Fred K wrote: I agree 2 at a time if they are substantially different (condensed v uncondensed, etc.) would make sense.

It sounds like the vast majority of the TD community would prefer a queue system rather than free-for-all. It sounds like the people running constant auctions aren't willing to operate with a queue. Suggestions on that?

Fred

if the majority of the community does prefer that system…not saying they do or don’t…then it should be easy to get the majority of the community to only buy from queue auctions. Anyone not in that majority are going to do what they want. If Iess than a majority are enough to fund rogue auctions then rogue auction might not exactly be the issue…if there is an issue. Not saying there is or isn’t just presenting what I see an option.

I don’t run auctions and I rarely bid on them. I cannot tell you the last time I won a forum auction.


I’m just here to chew bubblegum and kill monsters… and I’m all out of bubblegum… ( been waiting to say it 😂😂 )


I am hoping I have enough bubble gum to get me to GenCon!

In regards to this thread I agree that too many auctions do not help anyone - it slows down how long it takes for auctions to close and as a result adds to the waiting time on tokens.

I think another issue with auctions is that we don’t know what PYPs people are interested in. If we knew what PYPs folks wanted an auction style for an 8k might not even be needed. Folks could sell from their collections and/or order an 8k and than part it out.
The topic has been locked.

Going back to fewer auctions/non competing auctions? 1 month 2 weeks ago #11

Utaku Soto wrote: I have a feeling this thread and some comments have been directed at my shop and hopefully I’m helping add more to the community than detract from it. This is the reason I introduced sponsorships to my normal stream of auctions and am happy that so far have helped get 3 people GTs this year! :)

I did run back to backs recently due to the SkullCon push and will be running sponsored auctions back to back in July/August and have gotten great feedback so far! I hope this is a happy medium and it was great meeting everyone at SkullCon and the support.

My goal was to provide a consistent format at all times for the community and the option to have a single spot to combine shipments, especially when you miss out on the item you were looking for in one auction. I also have had good success extending the auctions in and out of the forums and I think I have helped some newer players find the forums that started with my site.


What are sponsored auctions?

I will consider running a single 8k auction once the next year pre-orders begin.
this is not a signature.
The topic has been locked.

Going back to fewer auctions/non competing auctions? 1 month 2 weeks ago #12

No worries at all! I started running sponsored auctions this year during the preorder runs as a way to help people access the benefits of running an auction that either didn’t have the time, or weren’t comfortable running an auction on their own.

In a sponsored auction, I connected with the sponsor to set the funding amount and then I run the auction like my other auctions (including ordering and repackaging), however the sponsor then funds the gap and gets all the random PYPs as well as any Golden Tickets. I also record the openings on video for the sponsor to ensure transparency on what arrives.

So far I’ve run 6 sponsored auctions this year and have had 3 Golden Tickets for the sponsors which has been awesome! I have 2 more people in queue and will be running them back to back this month and then opening it back up to the community! New sponsors will get priority over members who have already sponsored to try and give more people access to the benefits of running auctions.

Hope that helps!
- Send me in DM! I'M READY TO ROLL!

Swing by utakustradecaravan.com to buy, trade, or bid on tokens for your True Dungeon characters!
From my humble caravan I offer:
- Trade Goods and Treasurers I've gathered along the way (Completion, Ultra Rare+, etc.)
- My Trading Post with my current needs/wants!
- My Auction House hosting 8K Auctions, charity auctions, and more!
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds