Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: Recipes to consume old enhanced/exalted tokens

Recipes to consume old enhanced/exalted tokens 1 month 3 weeks ago #1

We have a number of older enhanced and exalted tokens that have become obsolete due to power creep rares or URs. We put trade goods into these so it's a shame for them to be gathering dust or sold for very little. It would be great to get some recipes that could consume enhanced/exalted tokens! Here are a couple ideas:

Alternate recipe for Omni orb (maybe same as current except replace UR with X enhanced or Y exalted tokens)

Alternate recipe for Treasure Chest/Map

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Chris Heuer.

Recipes to consume old enhanced/exalted tokens 1 month 3 days ago #2

+1

I too have older transmuted tokens that I would love to exchange for shinny new toys. Or have a way to deconstruct for half of the trade goods.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Recipes to consume old enhanced/exalted tokens 1 month 3 days ago #3

Give them away to new players
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our point of view" - Obi Wan Kenobi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Recipes to consume old enhanced/exalted tokens 1 month 3 days ago #4

Rob F wrote: Give them away to new players


I do this quite a bit every year at Gencon but it doesn't work well for conventions like GHC where most players are veterans or conventions where it is the intro adventure with sealed packs. We have quite a few players that don't currently do Gencon or only do a short time there (with it constantly growing, it isn't the right convention for everyone.)

The current system is C=1 units, UC=3 units, R=6 units. It seems reasonable that enhanced and exalted should be worth 12 points. I'd include combo tokens in this as well for the same 12 point value. For weapons/armor, have those count as 12 tokens towards the 25 for EB, OE, DS, MH, or Arag.

This gives them some value but not so much as to have a big impact on the marketplace. Each item would be designated as its appropriate type of goods (ie charms as darkwood, potions as alchemist ink, etc..) This gives them some value but not so much as to impact the market at all. Essentially, you'd be getting just shy of 1/2 a trade 1 good. Best case, that trade good is worth $5, that makes the token worth about $2. More realistically for things like lenses of hunting, that translates to about $1 in value.

This seems like a reasonable course of action since enhanced and exalted tokens don't have much of a secondary market (excepting a handful of ones like enchanter's whetstone.) Many people have half a dozen or more of ones just collecting dust.

Fred
What do we want? Evidence based science! When do we want it? After peer review!

Elf Wizard build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=570&id=247398

Rogue build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=569&id=245490#287189

Items for Sale or Trade
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247555

Items needed to complete my collection
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=61&id=253058

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Recipes to consume old enhanced/exalted tokens 1 month 3 days ago #5

Fred K wrote:

Rob F wrote: Give them away to new players


I do this quite a bit every year at Gencon but it doesn't work well for conventions like GHC where most players are veterans or conventions where it is the intro adventure with sealed packs. We have quite a few players that don't currently do Gencon or only do a short time there (with it constantly growing, it isn't the right convention for everyone.)

The current system is C=1 units, UC=3 units, R=6 units. It seems reasonable that enhanced and exalted should be worth 12 points. I'd include combo tokens in this as well for the same 12 point value. For weapons/armor, have those count as 12 tokens towards the 25 for EB, OE, DS, MH, or Arag.

This gives them some value but not so much as to have a big impact on the marketplace. Each item would be designated as its appropriate type of goods (ie charms as darkwood, potions as alchemist ink, etc..) This gives them some value but not so much as to impact the market at all. Essentially, you'd be getting just shy of 1/2 a trade 1 good. Best case, that trade good is worth $5, that makes the token worth about $2. More realistically for things like lenses of hunting, that translates to about $1 in value.

This seems like a reasonable course of action since enhanced and exalted tokens don't have much of a secondary market (excepting a handful of ones like enchanter's whetstone.) Many people have half a dozen or more of ones just collecting dust.

Fred


Sound like a good system but it also sounds like more work for TD for Tokens that are only worth a buck or two. Any excess I have left after handing some out hit the nearest trash can.
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our point of view" - Obi Wan Kenobi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Recipes to consume old enhanced/exalted tokens 1 month 3 days ago #6

Rob F wrote:

Fred K wrote:

Rob F wrote: Give them away to new players


I do this quite a bit every year at Gencon but it doesn't work well for conventions like GHC where most players are veterans or conventions where it is the intro adventure with sealed packs. We have quite a few players that don't currently do Gencon or only do a short time there (with it constantly growing, it isn't the right convention for everyone.)

The current system is C=1 units, UC=3 units, R=6 units. It seems reasonable that enhanced and exalted should be worth 12 points. I'd include combo tokens in this as well for the same 12 point value. For weapons/armor, have those count as 12 tokens towards the 25 for EB, OE, DS, MH, or Arag.

This gives them some value but not so much as to have a big impact on the marketplace. Each item would be designated as its appropriate type of goods (ie charms as darkwood, potions as alchemist ink, etc..) This gives them some value but not so much as to impact the market at all. Essentially, you'd be getting just shy of 1/2 a trade 1 good. Best case, that trade good is worth $5, that makes the token worth about $2. More realistically for things like lenses of hunting, that translates to about $1 in value.

This seems like a reasonable course of action since enhanced and exalted tokens don't have much of a secondary market (excepting a handful of ones like enchanter's whetstone.) Many people have half a dozen or more of ones just collecting dust.

Fred


Sound like a good system but it also sounds like more work for TD for Tokens that are only worth a buck or two. Any excess I have left after handing some out hit the nearest trash can.


***gasp***

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Recipes to consume old enhanced/exalted tokens 1 month 3 days ago #7

I do like this, even for older UR that no one really wants.. I know with the Mythic Core, and both Omni items we can only use 2018 and later due to the flux of counterfeits. I have never come into contact with one yet, at least not to my knowledge…. I pray none of my expensive ones are, but I honestly don’t know how to tell them apart. My point is, the older UR ones that are just not really used or desired by anyone, can’t be turned in or converted for the same reason. Which I really don’t like, but I understand why Jeff has made this decision. I’ve seen this idea brought up many times and like it. Even if they get a massive flux of counterfeits. This gives TDA an advantage of collecting these counterfeits and destroying them and thus preventing them from being sold to other TD players as well as may help in tracking down who may be doing the counterfeiting by tracking the sales / trade path. This would put a lot of work on TDA, but even removing the idea of tracking where they are coming from, I like the idea of getting something for the UR that just sit and are worthless as well as making the TD secondary market much cleaner in terms of possible counterfeit tokens ruining the trust of some. I know I’d be devastated finding out if my RoSEC was fake and needed to be destroyed. Though TDA have done huge work on the front of protecting some of the higher value tokens of the past and continue to do for those in the future.

On this topic, if either of you are going to Gen-Con, I’d like to ask a favor. My recovery has not gotten to the point where I’m going to be able to participate this year, much like last year. However, I have a few of those as well as around 30 consumables set aside that I have used since last years Gen-Con up to now. I’m sure there will be more added to the stash before Gen-Con, but my favor is to send all of them to someone ( I’ll happily separate them into goodie bags ) and hand them out to newer / new players. I know what Jeff told me in regards to consumables used in VTD, and I’d love to pass them on. If either of you will have time to do this I’d really appreciate it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Recipes to consume old enhanced/exalted tokens 1 month 2 days ago #8

Tyraël The Just wrote: I do like this, even for older UR that no one really wants.. I know with the Mythic Core, and both Omni items we can only use 2018 and later due to the flux of counterfeits. I have never come into contact with one yet, at least not to my knowledge…. I pray none of my expensive ones are, but I honestly don’t know how to tell them apart. My point is, the older UR ones that are just not really used or desired by anyone, can’t be turned in or converted for the same reason. Which I really don’t like, but I understand why Jeff has made this decision. I’ve seen this idea brought up many times and like it. Even if they get a massive flux of counterfeits. This gives TDA an advantage of collecting these counterfeits and destroying them and thus preventing them from being sold to other TD players as well as may help in tracking down who may be doing the counterfeiting by tracking the sales / trade path. This would put a lot of work on TDA, but even removing the idea of tracking where they are coming from, I like the idea of getting something for the UR that just sit and are worthless as well as making the TD secondary market much cleaner in terms of possible counterfeit tokens ruining the trust of some. I know I’d be devastated finding out if my RoSEC was fake and needed to be destroyed. Though TDA have done huge work on the front of protecting some of the higher value tokens of the past and continue to do for those in the future.

On this topic, if either of you are going to Gen-Con, I’d like to ask a favor. My recovery has not gotten to the point where I’m going to be able to participate this year, much like last year. However, I have a few of those as well as around 30 consumables set aside that I have used since last years Gen-Con up to now. I’m sure there will be more added to the stash before Gen-Con, but my favor is to send all of them to someone ( I’ll happily separate them into goodie bags ) and hand them out to newer / new players. I know what Jeff told me in regards to consumables used in VTD, and I’d love to pass them on. If either of you will have time to do this I’d really appreciate it.


I'd be happy to distribute them for you. I put together 30-50 packages each year that I give out to new players. I had thought about doing this on a more wide basis and putting together a group of people to be Grunnel-clauses or Grunnel-elves to make it a daily thing at the GC dungeons.

With that said, I like the idea of exchange value for tokens that would otherwise be thrown away. That seems like a terrible waste.

Fred
What do we want? Evidence based science! When do we want it? After peer review!

Elf Wizard build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=570&id=247398

Rogue build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=569&id=245490#287189

Items for Sale or Trade
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247555

Items needed to complete my collection
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=61&id=253058

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds