Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: A miscellany of suggestions/ideas

Re: A miscellany of suggestions/ideas 7 years 5 months ago #25

I agree with Raven about adding the dungeon title to the cards. I also had an 'uh oh' moment like Brad did with my wife's and my cards...then realized the starting letter on the code may be the differentiator...fortunately I was right.

Like Brad, I enjoyed TrueCraft and the NPCs, though not the long lines to do it. I agree that Hall D was an improvement on the Marriott due to the central location, but A seems less so. I also found that the Marriott had the nicer flooring for walking around, but if I remember correctly, there were 3 runs and a grind room...don't know if grind took up more space or if they were using the space behind those doors for the other 3...If the first, maybe we could gank one of the small rooms nearby in the Marriott for grind and then get 4 runs in there again...if it would work out cheaper overall and help with the constantly increasing ticket prices...$102 for each run the wife and I want to run is getting costly.

My parties had some problems hearing the tinny voices on the mushrooms, and that led to a mistake based on incorrect information on one run...I wasn't sure if the funny voices was intentional though, or bad equipment.

I like the idea of having some basic (read common) armor and weapons on hand for complete newbies, similar to the water breathing tokens that were handed out a few years ago, but would rather not lose each year's token variety over all.

Some other thought's I or friends have had about aspects of TD:

One thing I remember fondly from years ago was the code tokens from 2010 and the different clues/riddles. That was fun to do. Though I imagine a lot of work for Jeff & crew, I'd love to see it come back with one caveat --> Make the tokens useful after the event as transmutes if nothing else, or maybe put the code on a slip of paper with the tokens. (I still have a bag of those things sitting around somewhere and would love to turn them into planks or alchemist parchment. Same for a few leftover TrueCraft tokens)

My wife plays a rogue, and would like to request that the rogue boxes be a little lower down so they are easier to see/do for shorter people (she is only 4' 11"). Better lighting on the boxes would also be appreciated. A couple DMs did offer to lower the box for her this year (onto the token bucket) but not all, and she felt bad about the concept of making work for them, so mostly declined.

I was hobbling around the dungeons this year with a cane due a leg injury last November. I was very grateful to the DM's that let me borrow their chairs for a few minutes to rest. I hope I'll be fully healed by 2016, but perhaps we could add a chair in rooms that have the space to help out those that are less than 100% on their feet in the future?

Finally, regarding volunteering, I, my wife, and a number of our friends have considered volunteering. However, some of us are VIG or VIG companions with GenCon, so get badges far in advance. Some of us also arrive in Indy very early (Sat-Tues before the con). Is there a 'refund option' for badges/rooms (based on standard badge rates and room occupancy)? We also wouldn't mind helping with setup, but that is limited to locals for whatever reason.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: A miscellany of suggestions/ideas 7 years 5 months ago #26

Cain Eyebright wrote: Finally, regarding volunteering, I, my wife, and a number of our friends have considered volunteering. However, some of us are VIG or VIG companions with GenCon, so get badges far in advance. Some of us also arrive in Indy very early (Sat-Tues before the con). Is there a 'refund option' for badges/rooms (based on standard badge rates and room occupancy)? We also wouldn't mind helping with setup, but that is limited to locals for whatever reason.

Yeah there are ways around it.

Several TD volunteers are VIG.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: A miscellany of suggestions/ideas 7 years 5 months ago #27

Kirk Bauer wrote:

Matthew Hayward wrote:

Garrison wrote: Try to cut down on the number of players in a run. I realize doing that without creating a cost increase would be very difficult, but consider my point on production values, above. Simply saying "you can buy out a run and play with fewer players if you want" is NOT a solution. The vast majority of players are going to be thrown into a room with a dozen or more total people; it's inevitable that they will eventually question whether they're getting their money's worth.



Hmmm - I wonder if we could have some allocation of "Enhanced" runs which cost 25% more than a basic run, and were limited to 8 slots?

This might also have the tenancy to partition newbies from veterans (I don't expect a lot of newbies to be buying the $65 ticket over the $52 ticket)?


I'd rather buy two tickets and $104 and get double treasure...


I'd rather not see ghosting, I like the fact of new players coming into the game. Also, better chance of new players buy tokens from TD.
Team Legacy
Yes I'm an Arneson you do the math.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: A miscellany of suggestions/ideas 7 years 5 months ago #28

  • bpsymington
  • bpsymington's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 10th Level
  • Supporter
  • Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer
  • Posts: 15768

Cain Eyebright wrote: I agree with Raven about adding the dungeon title to the cards. I also had an 'uh oh' moment like Brad did with my wife's and my cards...then realized the starting letter on the code may be the differentiator...fortunately I was right.

Like Brad, I enjoyed TrueCraft and the NPCs, though not the long lines to do it. I agree that Hall D was an improvement on the Marriott due to the central location, but A seems less so. I also found that the Marriott had the nicer flooring for walking around, but if I remember correctly, there were 3 runs and a grind room...don't know if grind took up more space or if they were using the space behind those doors for the other 3...If the first, maybe we could gank one of the small rooms nearby in the Marriott for grind and then get 4 runs in there again...if it would work out cheaper overall and help with the constantly increasing ticket prices...$102 for each run the wife and I want to run is getting costly.

My parties had some problems hearing the tinny voices on the mushrooms, and that led to a mistake based on incorrect information on one run...I wasn't sure if the funny voices was intentional though, or bad equipment.

I like the idea of having some basic (read common) armor and weapons on hand for complete newbies, similar to the water breathing tokens that were handed out a few years ago, but would rather not lose each year's token variety over all.

Some other thought's I or friends have had about aspects of TD:

One thing I remember fondly from years ago was the code tokens from 2010 and the different clues/riddles. That was fun to do. Though I imagine a lot of work for Jeff & crew, I'd love to see it come back with one caveat --> Make the tokens useful after the event as transmutes if nothing else, or maybe put the code on a slip of paper with the tokens. (I still have a bag of those things sitting around somewhere and would love to turn them into planks or alchemist parchment. Same for a few leftover TrueCraft tokens)

My wife plays a rogue, and would like to request that the rogue boxes be a little lower down so they are easier to see/do for shorter people (she is only 4' 11"). Better lighting on the boxes would also be appreciated. A couple DMs did offer to lower the box for her this year (onto the token bucket) but not all, and she felt bad about the concept of making work for them, so mostly declined.

I was hobbling around the dungeons this year with a cane due a leg injury last November. I was very grateful to the DM's that let me borrow their chairs for a few minutes to rest. I hope I'll be fully healed by 2016, but perhaps we could add a chair in rooms that have the space to help out those that are less than 100% on their feet in the future?

Finally, regarding volunteering, I, my wife, and a number of our friends have considered volunteering. However, some of us are VIG or VIG companions with GenCon, so get badges far in advance. Some of us also arrive in Indy very early (Sat-Tues before the con). Is there a 'refund option' for badges/rooms (based on standard badge rates and room occupancy)? We also wouldn't mind helping with setup, but that is limited to locals for whatever reason.


Lower or easily lowered rogue boxes is a good idea.

Chairs are not because they aren't exactly proper dungeon dressing. Some DMs, especially puzzle DMs, put a chair in their room. I'm glad you had the opportunity to rest.
Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer

Awesome avatar by Mauve Shirt!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: A miscellany of suggestions/ideas 7 years 5 months ago #29

Incognito wrote:

Cain Eyebright wrote: Finally, regarding volunteering, I, my wife, and a number of our friends have considered volunteering. However, some of us are VIG or VIG companions with GenCon, so get badges far in advance. Some of us also arrive in Indy very early (Sat-Tues before the con). Is there a 'refund option' for badges/rooms (based on standard badge rates and room occupancy)? We also wouldn't mind helping with setup, but that is limited to locals for whatever reason.

Yeah there are ways around it.

Several TD volunteers are VIG.

Glad to hear it, that will definitely help with the decisions for next year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds