Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Queue for auction after Casey and Wade - getting feedback

Queue for auction after Casey and Wade - getting feedback 3 months 4 weeks ago #25

With Beertram funded and closed, here's the update as I see it:

Current list:

CURRENT SUPER CONDENSED AUCTION: Flik - non-Onyx super condensed
CURRENT ONYX SUPER CONDENSED AUCTION: none
CURRENT STRAIGHT SALE: wldthng842/ Brandt Elster - straight sale 8k super condensed
CURRENT "OTHER" AUCTION: none

On Deck:
1) Ralykam - non-Onyx super condensed; paused pending end of Flik's auction
2) WM13 - non-Onyx super condensed
3) Zorblak - Onyx super condensed
4) Lord Brian - non-Onyx super condensed
5) Krym - non-Onyx super condensed
6) Amanda - 16k for 10k
7) AlanP - gambler's Onyx super condensed 8k (details coming soon; no, this isn't ACTUAL gambling)
9) Steve - 8k, undetermined



I think I'm gonna move from non-Onyx to Onyx. Let's see what the next few days holds :)

EDIT: wldthng842 has launched the straight sale super condensed as of Oct 31! The list above has been revised as a result.
I write D&D things!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by AlanP.

Queue for auction after Casey and Wade - getting feedback 3 months 4 weeks ago #26

Fred K wrote: Could I suggest someone do a condensed auction? I'd love to get some rares and uncommons.


You could do it as part of one of your auctions/orders.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Queue for auction after Casey and Wade - getting feedback 3 months 4 weeks ago #27

  • Fred K
  • Fred K's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • 10th Level
  • Supporter
  • Posts: 3801

edwin wrote:

Fred K wrote: Could I suggest someone do a condensed auction? I'd love to get some rares and uncommons.


You could do it as part of one of your auctions/orders.


I ran 1 auction and placed the order. With as many people wanting to run one right now, I don't think I'll do another until after the Spring. I'm hoping someone else will do the hard work and I'll just jump onto the bandwagon to get a bunch of the UCs and Rares.
What do we want? Evidence based science! When do we want it? After peer review!

Elf Wizard build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=570&id=247398

Rogue build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=569&id=245490#287189

Items for Sale or Trade
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247555

Items needed to complete my collection
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=61&id=253058

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Queue for auction after Casey and Wade - getting feedback 3 months 4 weeks ago #28

Fred K wrote:

edwin wrote:

Fred K wrote: Could I suggest someone do a condensed auction? I'd love to get some rares and uncommons.


You could do it as part of one of your auctions/orders.


I ran 1 auction and placed the order. With as many people wanting to run one right now, I don't think I'll do another until after the Spring. I'm hoping someone else will do the hard work and I'll just jump onto the bandwagon to get a bunch of the UCs and Rares.


My experience is offering rare and uncommon bags reduces the amount raised by an auction of several hundreds of dollars since they go for less than their average trade good value.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Queue for auction after Casey and Wade - getting feedback 3 months 4 weeks ago #29

edwin wrote:

Fred K wrote:

edwin wrote:

Fred K wrote: Could I suggest someone do a condensed auction? I'd love to get some rares and uncommons.


You could do it as part of one of your auctions/orders.


I ran 1 auction and placed the order. With as many people wanting to run one right now, I don't think I'll do another until after the Spring. I'm hoping someone else will do the hard work and I'll just jump onto the bandwagon to get a bunch of the UCs and Rares.


My experience is offering rare and uncommon bags reduces the amount raised by an auction of several hundreds of dollars since they go for less than their average trade good value.


Last year Laz was the only one to offer Rare and Uncommon bags for auction. They all ended up at $65/ea, for a total of $1560 (24 total bags, 8 Rare and 16 Uncommon).

I applied that to one of the latest closed auctions to get a sense of how it would affect funding. Unless my math is way off, the rare/uncommon bags would have provided an extra $436 of value to that auction over what the trade goods went for.

Of course, past performance does not guarantee future results.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Queue for auction after Casey and Wade - getting feedback 3 months 4 weeks ago #30

So I am thinking of kicking off a November timeframe Augmented Onyx Safehold auction, as we don't have one running and it feels unique enough from everything else that is planned that it really is something different entirely.

The idea is to basically give folks a second chance if they didn't get what they wanted in Beertram's Augmented SAFEHOLD Super Condensed Onyx Auction. I think there are a lot of folks interested in the Safehold option and not a lot of opportunity for folks to bid on one right now.

My thought is to kick it off at the end of the week which should allow Flik's auction to fund or be very close to funding.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Queue for auction after Casey and Wade - getting feedback 3 months 3 weeks ago #31

AlanP wrote: Current list:

CURRENT SUPER CONDENSED AUCTION: Flik - non-Onyx super condensed
CURRENT ONYX SUPER CONDENSED AUCTION: none
CURRENT STRAIGHT SALE: wldthng842/ Brandt Elster - straight sale 8k super condensed
CURRENT "OTHER" AUCTION: none


Is the expectation that we can have one of each of these running at the same time? I was thinking that we probably wanted no more than two auctions at a time, so even though I'm the next one listed for Onyx, I was waiting for the people above me to go.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Queue for auction after Casey and Wade - getting feedback 3 months 3 weeks ago #32

  • Fred K
  • Fred K's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • 10th Level
  • Supporter
  • Posts: 3801

Zorblak wrote:

AlanP wrote: Current list:

CURRENT SUPER CONDENSED AUCTION: Flik - non-Onyx super condensed
CURRENT ONYX SUPER CONDENSED AUCTION: none
CURRENT STRAIGHT SALE: wldthng842/ Brandt Elster - straight sale 8k super condensed
CURRENT "OTHER" AUCTION: none


Is the expectation that we can have one of each of these running at the same time? I was thinking that we probably wanted no more than two auctions at a time, so even though I'm the next one listed for Onyx, I was waiting for the people above me to go.


The primary competition would be in pyps since safeholds have no trade goods. With a somewhat virtual floor on pyps at $50-$60 due to CoA costs, I’m not sure it would be a problem. Personally, I am surprised that onyx keeps selling at $75+ each so there appears to be strong interest there (I assumed less desirable tokens, even in onyx, wouldn’t do well but the evidence appears to contradict that.)

Running 2 onyx at a time seems to still gave an onyx floor at $75 each as long as the market interest continues.

I think the goal is to nit gave similar auctions going head to head.

Orion - I’d recommend you have your auction have C-R onyx as well since that hasn’t happened much. Not sure it will sell (as a block) enough to make up for 4 pyps but it might.
What do we want? Evidence based science! When do we want it? After peer review!

Elf Wizard build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=570&id=247398

Rogue build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=569&id=245490#287189

Items for Sale or Trade
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247555

Items needed to complete my collection
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=61&id=253058

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Queue for auction after Casey and Wade - getting feedback 3 months 3 weeks ago #33

I am definitely flexible in design, to have as little overlap with Zorblak as possible.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Queue for auction after Casey and Wade - getting feedback 3 months 3 weeks ago #34

I am by no means a final "voice" of the community - I'm just compiling the auction info as I see it :) We don't have to have a ton of auctions running at once. Historically we've have 2 at a time, but with multiple types out in the wild now (condensed, super condensed, safehold, onyx, non-onyx, etc) I don't see why we couldn't have 3. Like Fred has said, we don't want too many but we seem to be okay so far!

Current list:

CURRENT SUPER CONDENSED AUCTION: Flik - non-Onyx super condensed (87.29%!!)
CURRENT ONYX SUPER CONDENSED AUCTION: none
CURRENT STRAIGHT SALE: wldthng842/ Brandt Elster - straight sale 8k super condensed
CURRENT "OTHER" AUCTION: none

On Deck:
1) Ralykam - non-Onyx super condensed; paused pending end of Flik's auction
2) WM13 - non-Onyx super condensed
3) Zorblak - Onyx super condensed
4) Lord Brian - non-Onyx super condensed
5) Krym - non-Onyx super condensed
6) Amanda - 16k for 10k
7) AlanP - gambler's Onyx condensed 8k (details coming soon; no, this isn't ACTUAL gambling)
9) Steve - 8k, undetermined
I write D&D things!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by AlanP.

Queue for auction after Casey and Wade - getting feedback 3 months 3 weeks ago #35

While I understand the goal of maintaining some semblance of order, I wonder if the auctioneers are hurting themselves by taking turns. While there is a queue here, there are plenty of other auctions that have completed outside this forum. Those are going to keep firing without consulting the list of who's next.

If the auctions are different types, I don't think it will matter if there are 2 or some other number. Ultimately the market will level out at the number of auctions it can satisfy. Once everyone has their Patron code/Mark/PYPs, etc, auctions will get harder to complete. Waiting just makes it more likely that your auction will be the one where saturation has been reached.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Queue for auction after Casey and Wade - getting feedback 3 months 3 weeks ago #36

An issue with waiting is losing out on preorder benefits.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds