Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Best Possible Treasure Enhancer Configuration

Best Possible Treasure Enhancer Configuration 3 years 8 months ago #13

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 6844

jedibcg wrote: Is she still cursed? i thought it was only 1 season or she was able to do something to remove it, but i could be very mistaken about that.


I think she kept it for RP reasons, she tends to give away a lot of treasure anyway :side:
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Best Possible Treasure Enhancer Configuration 3 years 8 months ago #14

Picc wrote:

jedibcg wrote: Is she still cursed? i thought it was only 1 season or she was able to do something to remove it, but i could be very mistaken about that.


I think she kept it for RP reasons, she tends to give away a lot of treasure anyway :side:


She's awesome that way. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Best Possible Treasure Enhancer Configuration 3 years 8 months ago #15

My personal hope for the AoTF transmute and future TEs is that it is simply another charm of avarice that is in another slot, and you can't use them both. It would make the max treasure available to a new set of people who simply missed out on timing, and not inflate the treasure market any more than it already is.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Best Possible Treasure Enhancer Configuration 3 years 8 months ago #16

jpotter wrote: ...available to a new set of people who simply missed out on timing...


That would be great! Based on the feedback here I purchased the Gold Nugget. As a brand new player, I definitely feel like I missed out, but I'm really excited about the future of TD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Best Possible Treasure Enhancer Configuration 3 years 8 months ago #17

jpotter wrote: My personal hope for the AoTF transmute and future TEs is that it is simply another charm of avarice that is in another slot, and you can't use them both. It would make the max treasure available to a new set of people who simply missed out on timing, and not inflate the treasure market any more than it already is.


Since it's combining the AoTF and the two TE URs that follow the three Nuggets, it seems very likely that it will act just like the CoA and combine the treasure pulls from those three URs into one Legendary, and it also seems very likely that it will stack with the CoA. I can't imagine that it wouldn't stack with the CoA otherwise anyone with max treasure pulls up to that point (which will be a lot of people) would actually lose treasure pulls by transmuting it, because the two TE URs after the nuggets that are part of the recipe do stack with the CoA.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Best Possible Treasure Enhancer Configuration 3 years 8 months ago #18

  • James
  • James's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Never let me play druid.
  • Posts: 1711

Mike Steele wrote:

jpotter wrote: My personal hope for the AoTF transmute and future TEs is that it is simply another charm of avarice that is in another slot, and you can't use them both. It would make the max treasure available to a new set of people who simply missed out on timing, and not inflate the treasure market any more than it already is.


Since it's combining the AoTF and the two TE URs that follow the three Nuggets, it seems very likely that it will act just like the CoA and combine the treasure pulls from those three URs into one Legendary, and it also seems very likely that it will stack with the CoA. I can't imagine that it wouldn't stack with the CoA otherwise anyone with max treasure pulls up to that point (which will be a lot of people) would actually lose treasure pulls by transmuting it, because the two TE URs after the nuggets that are part of the recipe do stack with the CoA.


I believe they are on record for saying there will never been a ioun stone transmute for the 3 nuggets. Call it a treasure stat tax but I doubt it would be anything like that. I doubt it would be a treasure enhancer that would stack with COA.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Best Possible Treasure Enhancer Configuration 3 years 8 months ago #19

Was it said that the AoTF would combine with two other treasure enhancers? It could be an iounstone of epic ness, transmutes into an eldrich iounstone that acts as an AoTF gives an eldrich item, and gives something cool like +2 to a stat, or -5 damage in combat. I don’t believe there was any promises other than a token enhancer transmute in a few years that take the AoTF.

Edit: and that the three ioun stones were not involved in whatever it makes.
--
macXdmg
Monk of the Painda Order
Bard of the College of Sick Beats

Trade thread truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=61&id=253064#406060

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by macxdmg.

Best Possible Treasure Enhancer Configuration 3 years 8 months ago #20

I got only "serious" (a $250 order!) about TD in 2016, and don't have an AoTF (yet). I recently acquired a CoA and am collecting the TE Ioun Stones (and the Kilts, and the Teeth . . . ). I've been trying to figure out if I should try to get my hands on an AoTF (two, actually, since my husband plays as well) in anticipation of whatever this new TE transmute is going to be, but there are so many other things we (or other members of our guild) could use. Sigh. It's hard to justify the expense when we don't yet know what the new item will be, and we've already done SO MUCH catching up. If only spending $100 on a PYP seemed like a good idea back in 2015/16!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Best Possible Treasure Enhancer Configuration 3 years 8 months ago #21

James J Krot wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:

jpotter wrote: My personal hope for the AoTF transmute and future TEs is that it is simply another charm of avarice that is in another slot, and you can't use them both. It would make the max treasure available to a new set of people who simply missed out on timing, and not inflate the treasure market any more than it already is.


Since it's combining the AoTF and the two TE URs that follow the three Nuggets, it seems very likely that it will act just like the CoA and combine the treasure pulls from those three URs into one Legendary, and it also seems very likely that it will stack with the CoA. I can't imagine that it wouldn't stack with the CoA otherwise anyone with max treasure pulls up to that point (which will be a lot of people) would actually lose treasure pulls by transmuting it, because the two TE URs after the nuggets that are part of the recipe do stack with the CoA.


I believe they are on record for saying there will never been a ioun stone transmute for the 3 nuggets. Call it a treasure stat tax but I doubt it would be anything like that. I doubt it would be a treasure enhancer that would stack with COA.


You're correct, Jeff did say that there wouldn't be a transmute for the 3 Ioun Stone Nuggets. I was referring to the AoTF and the two TE URs that follow the Nuggets as ingredients for the next Legendary.

I'm referring to this posting by Jeff: truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=527&id=244042&start=0

Jeff also stated on post 40 of this thread that the AoTF wouldn't be reprinted: truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=5&id=246738&start=36#302611

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Best Possible Treasure Enhancer Configuration 3 years 8 months ago #22

  • James
  • James's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Never let me play druid.
  • Posts: 1711

BeLinda Mathie wrote: I got only "serious" (a $250 order!) about TD in 2016, and don't have an AoTF (yet). I recently acquired a CoA and am collecting the TE Ioun Stones (and the Kilts, and the Teeth . . . ). I've been trying to figure out if I should try to get my hands on an AoTF (two, actually, since my husband plays as well) in anticipation of whatever this new TE transmute is going to be, but there are so many other things we (or other members of our guild) could use. Sigh. It's hard to justify the expense when we don't yet know what the new item will be, and we've already done SO MUCH catching up. If only spending $100 on a PYP seemed like a good idea back in 2015/16!


I had 2 AoTF and a 2nd tooth stockpiled and prices were so good I sold them. I am not super worried about treasure enhancers. To me 21 soon to be 23 treasure pulls in 2 years are more then enough for me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Best Possible Treasure Enhancer Configuration 3 years 8 months ago #23

James J Krot wrote: To me 21 soon to be 23 treasure pulls in 2 years are more then enough for me.


This is a good perspective. We don't have full CoA/CoGF in our guild, so my husband and I are at 19 pulls (21 in 2 years with the ISPN). Which is a HUGE improvement over 3-5 (with a Rare TE and/or 6th level bonus). Not everyone in our guild is a 6th level player yet either. But they will be soon, and I suspect we will get more ISXN and CoA/CoGF in the guild eventually. And that will be good, whether we do the AoTF transmute or not.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Best Possible Treasure Enhancer Configuration 3 years 8 months ago #24

  • James
  • James's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Never let me play druid.
  • Posts: 1711

BeLinda Mathie wrote:

James J Krot wrote: To me 21 soon to be 23 treasure pulls in 2 years are more then enough for me.


This is a good perspective. We don't have full CoA/CoGF in our guild, so my husband and I are at 19 pulls (21 in 2 years with the ISPN). Which is a HUGE improvement over 3-5 (with a Rare TE and/or 6th level bonus). Not everyone in our guild is a 6th level player yet either. But they will be soon, and I suspect we will get more ISXN and CoA/CoGF in the guild eventually. And that will be good, whether we do the AoTF transmute or not.


Yeah the investment for an entire guild can be rough, I think I am about 4k into my char with TE. I would say TE were half that cost. Now i have been able to sell some tokens for a profit to help pay for parts of it but I can't imagine how much you would dump for an entire party.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds