Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Reasons to keep all these completion tokens?

Reasons to keep all these completion tokens? 4 months 11 hours ago #1

Like most of you, I have tons of completion tokens from the 5 VTDs. I am saving gold for other things so not really planning to transmute them to Figurines of Power (already have a bunch of them). It feels wrong to conver them to Mystic Silk (plus don't need more of those either).
I'm trying to see if I'm missing something. Some are nice tokens for some of my red builds but given all the extras and the gold it would take to transmute them to Figurines, I'm not sure what to do with them. Thanks for advice or thoughts that I am missing.
David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Reasons to keep all these completion tokens? 4 months 10 hours ago #2

I would say keep 3 or 4 sets and mulch the rest. That lets you keep one set if you like to collect, one to transmute if we get a surprise recipe and one to use if needed. A 4th set could be as an extra transmute or for trade bait down the road.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Reasons to keep all these completion tokens? 4 months 10 hours ago #3

haasdt wrote: Like most of you, I have tons of completion tokens from the 5 VTDs. I am saving gold for other things so not really planning to transmute them to Figurines of Power (already have a bunch of them). It feels wrong to conver them to Mystic Silk (plus don't need more of those either).
I'm trying to see if I'm missing something. Some are nice tokens for some of my red builds but given all the extras and the gold it would take to transmute them to Figurines, I'm not sure what to do with them. Thanks for advice or thoughts that I am missing.
David

In theory they should be worth something to trade to someone that wasn't able to do VTD and will want to make a Reaver and/or Horror....in theory. I think there are a bunch of us that are sitting on a bunch of them though so I don't think they have much value and think the reaver (though I really like having 10 of them) isn't going to be worth much either for the same reason.

EDIT: Certain one which will see play will have a bit of value, but still there are tons of those as well.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by jedibcg.

Reasons to keep all these completion tokens? 4 months 10 hours ago #4

I’m always looking to buy or trade for completion tokens. Please message me if interested.
My online token shop: www.tdtavern.com

We buy, sell, and trade True Dungeon tokens. We also have a convenient consignment program where you can sell your own tokens.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Reasons to keep all these completion tokens? 4 months 9 hours ago #5

balthasar wrote: I would say keep 3 or 4 sets and mulch the rest. That lets you keep one set if you like to collect, one to transmute if we get a surprise recipe and one to use if needed. A 4th set could be as an extra transmute or for trade bait down the road.


I'd look to see if anyone wants to buy or trade for them before mulching them. I'm usually interested in some additional completion tokens, I'm sure others are also. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Reasons to keep all these completion tokens? 4 months 17 hours ago #6

I’d be interested in buying as well. Mulching is such a waste. Especially on VTD tokens.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Reasons to keep all these completion tokens? 4 months 10 hours ago #7

I am also interested in buying, especially V5b/c since I didn't have an opportunity to run those.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Reasons to keep all these completion tokens? 3 months 4 weeks ago #8

Same camp... please don't mulch...I'd prefer to give you ample trade goods in swap or other options.
~Rebecca

The Dragon's Horde aka our tokens for sale/trade
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=253588

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Reasons to keep all these completion tokens? 3 months 4 weeks ago #9

Why is mulching a waste if people are flush with them? I feel like I'm missing something obvious :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Reasons to keep all these completion tokens? 3 months 4 weeks ago #10

ini wrote: Why is mulching a waste if people are flush with them? I feel like I'm missing something obvious :(


It's more just that others are willing to make reavers with them, so why not save them from the mulch hopper....it's a "waste" because they have other more valuable utility. It's the same reason I would rather give someone PS in lieu of them mulching this year's class necklaces (for most classes).
~Rebecca

The Dragon's Horde aka our tokens for sale/trade
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=253588

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Reasons to keep all these completion tokens? 3 months 4 weeks ago #11

Dragon6483 wrote:

ini wrote: Why is mulching a waste if people are flush with them? I feel like I'm missing something obvious :(


It's more just that others are willing to make reavers with them, so why not save them from the mulch hopper....it's a "waste" because they have other more valuable utility. It's the same reason I would rather give someone PS in lieu of them mulching this year's class necklaces (for most classes).

It’s not just reavers either. When looking at rare and under builds, many of these completion tokens are either top or near top options. I would hate to see, say, boots of the bold or charm of good health mulched for silk or plank when they could be in a rare only players build for likely years.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Reasons to keep all these completion tokens? 3 months 4 weeks ago #12

Endgame wrote:

Dragon6483 wrote:

ini wrote: Why is mulching a waste if people are flush with them? I feel like I'm missing something obvious :(


It's more just that others are willing to make reavers with them, so why not save them from the mulch hopper....it's a "waste" because they have other more valuable utility. It's the same reason I would rather give someone PS in lieu of them mulching this year's class necklaces (for most classes).

It’s not just reavers either. When looking at rare and under builds, many of these completion tokens are either top or near top options. I would hate to see, say, boots of the bold or charm of good health mulched for silk or plank when they could be in a rare only players build for likely years.


Also very very true!!! Same thought as with the necks...I'd rather hand someone PS and give away those necks. I had a friend do a 2k non condensed in 2019 and we gave him trade goods from our own stash for what he had and resorted the tokens so we could skim off good give aways (we were delivering transmutes to him when we went to carbondale and he was aware we were just saving good ones from the mulch bin)
~Rebecca

The Dragon's Horde aka our tokens for sale/trade
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=253588

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Dragon6483.
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds