Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Mini GHC Feedback (Non-spoilers....I think)

Mini GHC Feedback (Non-spoilers....I think) 2 months 4 weeks ago #25

I wasn't blaming the victim so much as asking for about the wisdom of putting oneself into a place where similar situations occur frequently.

Regardless, I truly feel for the person this happened to, and I am glad things were improved quite quickly, as the exit was marked on our first run, which could only have been 72 minutes behind yours, or less.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mini GHC Feedback (Non-spoilers....I think) 2 months 4 weeks ago #26

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote: I wasn't blaming the victim so much as asking for about the wisdom of putting oneself into a place where similar situations occur frequently.

Regardless, I truly feel for the person this happened to, and I am glad things were improved quite quickly, as the exit was marked on our first run, which could only have been 72 minutes behind yours, or less.


What's annoying to me about this topic is that people are implying either malice ("epilog people *ignored*") or incompetence ("TPTB should have anticipated!") because this person wasn't accommodated. I'm scared of heights - I wouldn't go parachuting and then complain because my fear of heights prevented me from having fun and then get mad at the provider about it. Similarly, if you're scared of small, dark, enclosed spaces.... Maybe don't go do something called "True Dungeon". I think TD makes every attempt to accommodate as many players as possible (wheelchair access, etc), but asking to accommodate claustrophobia? I don't see how.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mini GHC Feedback (Non-spoilers....I think) 2 months 4 weeks ago #27

Braxton wrote:

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote: I wasn't blaming the victim so much as asking for about the wisdom of putting oneself into a place where similar situations occur frequently.

Regardless, I truly feel for the person this happened to, and I am glad things were improved quite quickly, as the exit was marked on our first run, which could only have been 72 minutes behind yours, or less.


What's annoying to me about this topic is that people are implying either malice ("epilog people *ignored*") or incompetence ("TPTB should have anticipated!") because this person wasn't accommodated. I'm scared of heights - I wouldn't go parachuting and then complain because my fear of heights prevented me from having fun and then get mad at the provider about it. Similarly, if you're scared of small, dark, enclosed spaces.... Maybe don't go do something called "True Dungeon". I think TD makes every attempt to accommodate as many players as possible (wheelchair access, etc), but asking to accommodate claustrophobia? I don't see how.


KINDLY take your nasty attitude elsewhere.

There is a HUGE difference between being scared of things and having an anxiety induced panic attack brought on by the lack of an exit from a cramped room.

Calustraphobia and anxiety attacks are not in any way the same thing. Please don't act like they are.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mini GHC Feedback (Non-spoilers....I think) 2 months 4 weeks ago #28

Arcanist Kolixela wrote:

Braxton wrote:

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote: I wasn't blaming the victim so much as asking for about the wisdom of putting oneself into a place where similar situations occur frequently.

Regardless, I truly feel for the person this happened to, and I am glad things were improved quite quickly, as the exit was marked on our first run, which could only have been 72 minutes behind yours, or less.


What's annoying to me about this topic is that people are implying either malice ("epilog people *ignored*") or incompetence ("TPTB should have anticipated!") because this person wasn't accommodated. I'm scared of heights - I wouldn't go parachuting and then complain because my fear of heights prevented me from having fun and then get mad at the provider about it. Similarly, if you're scared of small, dark, enclosed spaces.... Maybe don't go do something called "True Dungeon". I think TD makes every attempt to accommodate as many players as possible (wheelchair access, etc), but asking to accommodate claustrophobia? I don't see how.


KINDLY take your nasty attitude elsewhere.

There is a HUGE difference between being scared of things and having an anxiety induced panic attack brought on by the lack of an exit from a cramped room.

Calustraphobia and anxiety attacks are not in any way the same thing. Please don't act like they are.


I think we can all dial it down a bit, myself included.

A person had an anxiety attack, at least partly exacerbated by the lack of appropriate signage.

I really don't see how epilogue, which is better let than most places in the dungeon, which also don't have virtually (or any) signage is any more cramped than, say, a hallway between rooms 3 and 4.

I know there was a sign when I played my 3:24 run and finished it.

I think this unfortunate event happening to one individual is not something to belabor.

The exit wasn't awesome. I'm sure it wasn't the first choice for build, as we had previously exited through hall A I believe (or whichever was closer to the tunnel to the Clarion). That was likely not an option due to the dealer hall being moved to that area.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds