Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New to TD, looking for a group.

New to TD, looking for a group. 11 months 4 weeks ago #13

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 6896
Welcome to the forms and the game at large.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New to TD, looking for a group. 11 months 4 weeks ago #14

  • Trent
  • Trent's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • www.TrentTokens.com
  • Posts: 3062
Welcome to the greatest game ever!

:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New to TD, looking for a group. 11 months 4 weeks ago #15

welcome cody,

lots of good advice thrown at you. i would highly recommend watching any videos that would help educate you about TD. whether it is how to play, teaser videos from years past, or even some of the "get you to volunteer" recruitment trailers. anything might have an answer to a question you didn't realize you had.

you might consider volunteering. it is a great way to get "stuff"; tokens, badges, etc.

you might want to consider what type of character you would like to play; melee, caster, hybrid of the two. most established groups can help you outfit your character, but the sooner they know details the easier it is for both of you.

*very important*
your ticket start time is when you go into coaching. 24 minutes later, you will go into practice. i recommend getting to your designated coaching room early (20 minutes?). a lot goes on there and that is when you meet your group, fill out party card, borrow/loan tokens, choose characters, get some of your questions answered, and most importantly, make friends.

if i got something wrong folks, please correct me. :)
Founder of Tokenholics Anonymous.
TD Patron since 2005.
Completed 24 runs at GC 2017 and 21 at GC 2022.
Proud Member of Team Legacy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New to TD, looking for a group. 11 months 3 weeks ago #16

In my humble opinion, try the Virtual. Nobody in whatever group you end up with is going to let you walk into the game buck naked. People will help equip you with what you need to survive. Not surviving due to bad luck or idiocy voids this warranty. 😄😄😄
However, even at that, enough of us carry resurrection tokens to bail you out if you say pretty please. 😆😆😆
Think of it this way: you get the full experience of a football game in person at the stadium, but that doesn't mean that you won't enjoy watching the game on TV until you can get tickets.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New to TD, looking for a group. 11 months 3 weeks ago #17

Mongo64 wrote: In my humble opinion, try the Virtual. Nobody in whatever group you end up with is going to let you walk into the game buck naked. People will help equip you with what you need to survive. Not surviving due to bad luck or idiocy voids this warranty. 😄😄😄
However, even at that, enough of us carry resurrection tokens to bail you out if you say pretty please. 😆😆😆
Think of it this way: you get the full experience of a football game in person at the stadium, but that doesn't mean that you won't enjoy watching the game on TV until you can get tickets.

You know I think that is a pretty good analogue except that watching the game on TV isn't the price (or close to the price) of watching it at the stadium....just saying.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New to TD, looking for a group. 11 months 3 weeks ago #18

Considering what I pay for cable with NFL package, I'm not sure sure about that. 😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New to TD, looking for a group. 11 months 3 weeks ago #19

One possible suggestion is you might want to see if you are testing the waters on the Virtual side is there are people who buy out runs for treasure purposes that might have open slots for you to give it a shot at a reduced (or free) price to see if you like it. They pick up all the tickets, have treasure enhancers to boot (for 23 treasurers vs. 3) and might let you borrow some tokens for a pretty buffed up run if you are interested.

I did something similar when I started, but was able to buy the ticket and get all the treasure that came with it, but had to borrow most of the gear as was just starting out on my collection and was at WAY too high a difficulty. Will let you get a better sense for the game as a whole before you decide if the Virtual option is for you.

Hope that helps!
- Send me in DM! I'M READY TO ROLL!

Swing by utakustradecaravan.com to buy, trade, or bid on tokens for your True Dungeon characters!
From my humble caravan I offer:
- Trade Goods and Treasurers I've gathered along the way (Completion, Ultra Rare+, etc.)
- My Trading Post with my current needs/wants!
- My Auction House hosting 8K Auctions, charity auctions, and more!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New to TD, looking for a group. 11 months 3 weeks ago #20

  • NightGod
  • NightGod's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • It's only push damage...how bad could it be?!
  • Posts: 1056

jedibcg wrote: You know I think that is a pretty good analogue except that watching the game on TV isn't the price (or close to the price) of watching it at the stadium....just saying.

I mean, for physical TD I have to buy a badge to the con, as well as travel and lodging. It's definitely cheaper to play vTD than in-person

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New to TD, looking for a group. 11 months 3 weeks ago #21

NightGod wrote: I mean, for physical TD I have to buy a badge to the con, as well as travel and lodging. It's definitely cheaper to play vTD than in-person

Badge for a con is good for more than TD. Travel and lodging are going to vary per person per con. Same argument could be made about going to a game. Don't get me wrong it is a VTD ticket is cheaper than a TD Gen Con ticket. But my argument is the gulf between those to is less than watching a game at a stadium vs watching on TV at home.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New to TD, looking for a group. 11 months 3 weeks ago #22

jedibcg wrote:

NightGod wrote: I mean, for physical TD I have to buy a badge to the con, as well as travel and lodging. It's definitely cheaper to play vTD than in-person

Badge for a con is good for more than TD. Travel and lodging are going to vary per person per con. Same argument could be made about going to a game. Don't get me wrong it is a VTD ticket is cheaper than a TD Gen Con ticket. But my argument is the gulf between those to is less than watching a game at a stadium vs watching on TV at home.


As usual, it depends


Mongo64 wrote: Considering what I pay for cable with NFL package, I'm not sure sure about that. 😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃


QFT!
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New to TD, looking for a group. 11 months 3 weeks ago #23

  • NightGod
  • NightGod's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • It's only push damage...how bad could it be?!
  • Posts: 1056

jedibcg wrote:

NightGod wrote: I mean, for physical TD I have to buy a badge to the con, as well as travel and lodging. It's definitely cheaper to play vTD than in-person

Badge for a con is good for more than TD. Travel and lodging are going to vary per person per con. Same argument could be made about going to a game. Don't get me wrong it is a VTD ticket is cheaper than a TD Gen Con ticket. But my argument is the gulf between those to is less than watching a game at a stadium vs watching on TV at home.

I understood your argument, just didn't agree that it was all that different of a price swing. As Wade said, it depends.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New to TD, looking for a group. 11 months 3 weeks ago #24

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds