Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2025 Transmuted Token Ideas

2025 Transmuted Token Ideas 3 months 3 weeks ago #49

kurtreznor wrote: UR, Charm of Chance - whenever you roll a die, heal 5hp

Relic, Cloak of Chaos - reroll any die (5/game)


I'm curious... are you mostly thinking in-person TD, where rolls are not common? Or are you considering VTD as well? We tend to roll a lot of dice in VTD.
The topic has been locked.

2025 Transmuted Token Ideas 3 months 3 weeks ago #50

Fiddy wrote:

kurtreznor wrote: UR, Charm of Chance - whenever you roll a die, heal 5hp

Relic, Cloak of Chaos - reroll any die (5/game)


I'm curious... are you mostly thinking in-person TD, where rolls are not common? Or are you considering VTD as well? We tend to roll a lot of dice in VTD.


In person. Although, it could still be used in VTD for anything other than attack rolls...or are there other die rolls that only happen in VTD?
this is not a signature.
The topic has been locked.

2025 Transmuted Token Ideas 3 months 3 weeks ago #51

Common Transmute:

Loaf of Bread: +1 HP
Wedge of Cheese: +1HP
Chunk of Meat: +1HP
Transmute into
Big Sandwich: +6 HP

If there are any small enemies in the year like goblins, kobolds, etc:

10ft Pole
Short Sword
50ft Rope
Transmute Into
Makeshift Spear 2 hand Melee Weapon 1-1-2-3-5-6

Treasure Pull Transmute:
Gloves of the Penny Pincher +1 TE if you equip only Common tokens
~10 little treasures tokens, i.e.
3 Copper Coins Slotless
Pocket Knife 1 - 2 - 3 Melee Mainhand
Rabbit's Foot +1 saves 1/game Slotless
Lover's Locket +1 Charisma Charm
Homemade Doll +1 Will saves Slotless
A Radish +1 hp Slotless
etc
1000gp bar or X number of different 50+ GP tokens
=
Gloves of the Pickpocket Hands +1 or +2 Treasure Pulls
I came here to sing and collect tokens, and I'm alllll out of money.
The topic has been locked.

2025 Transmuted Token Ideas 3 months 3 weeks ago #52

Maybe an item that let's you sideboard a useful item, that you don't want to equip.

Satchel of Holding
Slotless
Stow one non-armor/weapon uncommon token;
free action to use this item as if equipped for rest of room (1/game)

So afraid of insects; put a Bead Bugbane in your satchel.

Then maybe it could transmute into:

Satchel of Stowing
Slotless 4*
Stow one non-armor/weapon rare token;
free action to use this item as if equipped for rest of room (1/game)

No air in the room, I pull my Ioun Stone Iridescent Spindle out of my satchel.
The topic has been locked.

2025 Transmuted Token Ideas 3 months 2 weeks ago #53

Class necklaces for the two without them.

Paladin
Amulet of Guarding (reprint)
+1 guarding target

Greater Amulet of Vengeance
+1 target (same as UR), +2 AC, and +2 strength

NAME’s Oathsworn Amulet of Devotion
+1 target (same as UR), +2 Strength/AC, and user gets 5 points of sacred redemption that effect attackers even if the attack misses. (Ret damage on enemy miss cannot be buffed)


Bard
Pendant of the Spellsong
Bard clue as FA, +1 saves, can cast spells while playing instruments.

Greater Pendant of Reverberation
Bard clue as FA, +1 saves, can use Standard Action, and Bards equipped weapons deal +2 Sonic damage

NAME’s Pendant of the Performer
All the above, plus ability to attempt to play an Enchanted Melody (1/game) as a standard action. Ideas below:

Inspire - all players get +2 to damage for one round

Rock Off - The bard chooses a number less than their current HP value and informs the DM of a Rock Off. Both the Bard and an enemy roll a die, the highest number wins (no dice bonuses applied, and no rerolls allowed). The loser takes irreducible damage equal to the amount the Bard chose to gamble with, the winner is applauded for their masterpiece.

Charm - Charm all enemies for 1 round as a Standard Action. Charmed monster will not attack characters for that round.

Out of tune - purposely play the worse song possible, dealing 10 sonic damage to everything but gives the party Quick Strike if initiative was 15 or higher and won (Bards song counts as it’s action)
Last edit: by Limitless.
The topic has been locked.

2025 Transmuted Token Ideas 3 months 2 weeks ago #54

Limitless wrote: Class necklaces for the two without them.

Paladin
Amulet of Guarding (reprint)
+1 guarding target

Greater Amulet of Vengeance
+1 target (same as UR), +2 AC, and +2 strength

NAME’s Oathsworn Amulet of Devotion
+1 target (same as UR), +2 Strength/AC, and user gets 5 points of sacred redemption that effect attackers even if the attack misses. (Ret damage on enemy miss cannot be buffed)


Bard
Pendant of the Spellsong
Bard clue as FA, +1 saves, can cast spells while playing instruments.

Greater Pendant of Reverberation
Bard clue as FA, +1 saves, can use Standard Action, and Bards equipped weapons deal +2 Sonic damage

NAME’s Pendant of the Performer
All the above, plus ability to attempt to play an Enchanted Melody (1/game) as a standard action. Ideas below:

Inspire - all players get +2 to damage for one round

Rock Off - The bard chooses a number less than their current HP value and informs the DM of a Rock Off. Both the Bard and an enemy roll a die, the highest number wins (no dice bonuses applied, and no rerolls allowed). The loser takes irreducible damage equal to the amount the Bard chose to gamble with, the winner is applauded for their masterpiece.

Charm - Charm all enemies for 1 round as a Standard Action. Charmed monster will not attack characters for that round.

Out of tune - purposely play the worse song possible, dealing 10 sonic damage to everything but gives the party Quick Strike if initiative was 15 or higher and won (Bards song counts as it’s action)


I would love to see two generic legendary necklaces. One for casters/ranged and one for melee. I think that this would be more universally useful than doubling down on the class legendaries that are only used by one class.
The topic has been locked.

2025 Transmuted Token Ideas 3 months 2 weeks ago #55

Iross wrote:

Fred K wrote:

Impy wrote: I'll come back with my Assassin's Crossbow replacement idea from last year

+2 Deadshot's Crossbow, part of Deadshot set (see note for bonus effect idea)
+3 Deadshot's Crossbow of Sniping, part of Deadshot set, x3 damage on natural 20s
+5 Deadshot's Crossbow of Assassination, part of Deadshot set, x3 damage on all crits
Only usable by bards, rogues, rangers, fighters
D10 Damage Wheel
Note: Add a 4 Piece deadshot bonus maybe, either +2 to hit or +2 damage, or if TPTB don't wish to add to set bonuses, give the Crossbow just a extra +2 to hit than it otherwise would have to fit with set theme


I’d recommend a modification to this idea,
First - have the new ur nerf the old assasin’s crossbow to x3 on nat 20 only. To make up for the difference, have it be nightshade’s crossbow allowing sneak attack damage as part of the multiplier on crits (like the other nightshade items.) have it be usable by all classes except cleric, wizards, monk, and druid.
Then have a relic transmute and a legendary transmute
Nightshade’s sighted crossbow - crit range 19-20 plus prior abilities
Nightshade’s deadly crossbow - crit range 18-20 and overcomes all crit immunities.

-also include the option for the legendary transmute for a less expensive path including the original +2 assassin’s crossbow.


If Rogues are given a new Legendary weapon, I'd much rather it be melee than Ranged. Melee builds could do with the boost, since the Viper Strike set gets much worse for Rogues over time because unlike Monk and Ranger, Rogues can't get part of the set bonus from offhand, so have to lose two of Waist, Legs, and Shirt slots which have progressively been given Relic level transmutes over the last several years. In addition, both the Viper Strike set and Nightshade's +2 Short sword are long out of print and expensive to obtain.

On the other hand, Ranged builds are already doing just fine without needing a new Legendary weapon, and if the Assassin's Crossbow were for some reason nerfed, Nightshade's +2 Throwing Dagger is still readily available, which was printed only a few years ago and would immediately replace the Assassin's Crossbow as a BiS ranged weapon without any need to make a new one.


I can't speak for other jobs, but Rogue needs a new Legendary weapon. When I saw the nightshade sword didn't have the same restrictions as the viper fang....I didn't even bother with the viper fang. But any class legendary weapon that has issues with being out done by lower tier weapons need a revisit first.

I'll bring up my previous year's suggestion again with modifications cause I'm too brain dead to think right now.

Mainhand Weapon (sword): +2 Sting
can dual-wield a common dagger in off-hand (Sneak Attack bonus does not double on Crit)

Mainhand Weapon (sword): +3 Death's Sting
can dual-wield an uncommon dagger in off-hand (Sneak Attack bonus does not double on Crit)
Flanking Strike: 1/game - Slide/Attack with Mainhand only first; place off-hand puck upside down on board like a normal flank for other players

Mainhand Weapon (sword): +4 Nightshade's Final Sting
can dual-wield an ultra-rare dagger in off-hand (all dmg doubles in SA crit)
Flanking Strike: 1/room - Slide/Attack with Mainhand only first; place off-hand puck upside down on board like a normal flank for other players
The topic has been locked.

2025 Transmuted Token Ideas 3 months 2 weeks ago #56

Since class legendaries were brought up, I would really like a reprint of Ava’s Holy Avenger modifying the dmg wheel to the current norm for a legendary 1H weapon. I would also like Averon’s +5 death cleaver redone. This 2H weapons dmg wheel is almost completely outdone by
a +3 Savage sword ( not adjusting for crit as this skill is a fighter class weapon ).
Savage low to high is: 10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17 vs Averons: 8-10-10-12-16-21. It’d much easier to get higher dmg with the +3 savage vs Averons when a 2H weapon is supposed to be able to do more damage for the trade off of not having an item in the offhand main slot. If you look at Kilgors: 11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18 and Ava’s Holy Avenger: 6-8-9-9-10-11-13-14. The + 3 Savage Sword low is 10, high is 17 where Ava’s low is 6, and a high of 14.
The topic has been locked.

2025 Transmuted Token Ideas 3 months 2 weeks ago #57

Is the class refresh of legendary weapons going to continue at the rate of 1 per year?

Jeff Martin wrote: All damage is Sacred.

Acherin wrote: I also added VTD support for the most annoying token of 2024 the +2 Sun Scimitar.

The topic has been locked.

2025 Transmuted Token Ideas 3 months 2 weeks ago #58

I roll 1's on initiative a lot so I'd like to see the antithesis of the Tankard of Celebration :

CURSED: Tankard of Frustration
Suffer 1 damage when party Initiative is a natural "1", but must say "Ah-ohw!" to activate
The topic has been locked.

2025 Transmuted Token Ideas 3 months 2 weeks ago #59

OrionW wrote: I would love to see two generic legendary necklaces. One for casters/ranged and one for melee. I think that this would be more universally useful than doubling down on the class legendaries that are only used by one class.

I don’t even think you need 2 generic legendary neck.

How about this?


UR Neck: +2 beads
Relic Neck: +3 beads
Legendary Neck: +4 beads

Can customize the beads based on whatever class you’re playing. Don’t like your class neck or are a Paladin or Bard? This would work as well.
The topic has been locked.

2025 Transmuted Token Ideas 3 months 1 week ago #60

Before my suggestion, TPTB will need to clarify something regarding wands. My understanding is that wands are being discontinued; what is the reason/goal? Are you intending for the supply to be exhausted because you don't want them in the game any more? Or is it that you want to use that space in the token sets for other items that will have wider appeal?

If it is just a matter of not wanting to continually print them, I would like to see an UR wand that does not get turned in (with upgrade path), for those of us who have other URs to use with wands.

UR: Wand of Power - deals 10 force damage (is not turned in after use)

Relic: Ascendant Wand of Power - deals 10 Eldritch damage +5 damage per dungeon difficulty* (not turned in)

*Meaning total 15 damage at hardcore, 20 at nightmare, 25 at epic.

Legendary: Wand of Wonder - roll D20 for random effect 1/combat. Then acts as Ascendant Wand of Power.
this is not a signature.
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds