Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: 2025 Volunteer and Participation

2025 Volunteer and Participation 3 months 2 days ago #13

Tyraël The Just wrote:

OrionW wrote: If you are mostly confident that something similar to the proposed changes are going to go through. A neat twist on the volunteer charm would be to change it up and go +2 Int, +2 Wis, or +2 Cha (choose at start of adventure).

The Death Knight Shirt needs an ability/stats that are not similar to the Arcanum shirt. It needs to feel different. One option would be "Immune to Retribution Damage" this would make it slightly better than the Shirt of Shielding because it is part of the set, and makes it a shirt that folks would wear depending on the module. If this is too weak you could maybe even put a +1 str on it.


do you think that would give it enough to be helpful to the Vols ? ( Charm )


I would buy one, but that is only a data set of one, so take it with a grain of salt.

I do think if the proposed changes go through folks are going to be looking for as much of these stats as possible, and so far there aren't a lot of items to chose from and many of the ones that do exist are expensive Eldest/Elder Orb of Dragonkind for example.

tokendb.com/?fwp_stat_bonus=intelligence
tokendb.com/?fwp_stat_bonus=wisdom
tokendb.com/?fwp_stat_bonus=charisma
Last edit: by OrionW.
The topic has been locked.

2025 Volunteer and Participation 3 months 2 days ago #14

OrionW wrote:

Tyraël The Just wrote:

OrionW wrote: If you are mostly confident that something similar to the proposed changes are going to go through. A neat twist on the volunteer charm would be to change it up and go +2 Int, +2 Wis, or +2 Cha (choose at start of adventure).

The Death Knight Shirt needs an ability/stats that are not similar to the Arcanum shirt. It needs to feel different. One option would be "Immune to Retribution Damage" this would make it slightly better than the Shirt of Shielding because it is part of the set, and makes it a shirt that folks would wear depending on the module. If this is too weak you could maybe even put a +1 str on it.


do you think that would give it enough to be helpful to the Vols ? ( Charm )


I would buy one, but that is only a data set of one, so take it with a grain of salt.

I do think if the proposed changes go through folks are going to be looking for as much of these stats as possible, and so far there aren't a lot of items to chose from and many of the ones that do exist are expensive Eldest/Elder Orb of Dragonkind for example.

tokendb.com/?fwp_stat_bonus=intelligence
tokendb.com/?fwp_stat_bonus=wisdom
tokendb.com/?fwp_stat_bonus=charisma



Can’t argue with those kind of numbers. I would have to agree with you on it being from those 3. A pick one + 2 ?
Last edit: by Tyraël The Just.
The topic has been locked.

2025 Volunteer and Participation 3 months 2 days ago #15

I think so, but another option would be a +3 in one, and make it a multiyear set. My only concern is that would limit the number of folks interested in the token.
The topic has been locked.

2025 Volunteer and Participation 3 months 2 days ago #16

OrionW wrote: I think so, but another option would be a +3 in one, and make it a multiyear set. My only concern is that would limit the number of folks interested in the token.


If you mean + 3 of 1 of those 3, for 3 years, each year moving to one not done yet, and then at the end of the 3rd year / start of the 4th year allowing a transmute path to + 3 WIS / INT / CHA or + 2 to all 3 ? It deff would appeal to our mystical 1/2. I’m not sure in Ranger uses these much, Paladin uses CHA, I think Bard uses them as well… but out main melee players would not be unless collecting. Unfortunately I don’t have the data to show its relevance across 3 years in a volunteer UR slot. Maybe one of the others more experienced players can lend there expertise? Any volunteers? How would this affect your year to year from what you really “ need “ out of them in order to make it at least a wash from some of the financial parts of volunteering? I know y’all don’t do it for money, but I do know some golems that don’t play at all. But they love volunteering in order to sell to make extra money for a gaming business or just to help in a con. My biggest concern is that a multi could run risks of not giving y’all the value, and once a 3 year ( or what’s decided ) transmute starts, it’s gonna take a few years to complete, which means if it doesn’t bring what y’all want…. Is it something that can/will be abandoned. Or, is it: once we move on it, it must be completed no matter the outcome ?
The topic has been locked.

2025 Volunteer and Participation 3 months 2 days ago #17

OrionW wrote: If you are mostly confident that something similar to the proposed changes are going to go through. A neat twist on the volunteer charm would be to change it up and go +2 Int, +2 Wis, or +2 Cha (choose at start of adventure)


I like this.
The topic has been locked.

2025 Volunteer and Participation 3 months 2 days ago #18

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Away
  • 10th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 7101
Just to throw out another mad idea.

What would people think about the shirt (since its probably going to be the less lucrative of the two) having a transmute path with a recipe like 4 UR DK shirts = 1 Relic DK belt or something similar.


I know something like that would increase their value for me at least.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”
The topic has been locked.

2025 Volunteer and Participation 3 months 2 days ago #19

Picc wrote: Just to throw out another mad idea.

What would people think about the shirt (since its probably going to be the less lucrative of the two) having a transmute path with a recipe like 4 UR DK shirts = 1 Relic DK belt or something similar.


I know something like that would increase their value for me at least.


I liked the idea that Fred posted about a tabard. I can see a transmute path where maybe it becomes slotless, but it still feels a bit niche. It is a very hard slot to drum up interest at the UR level, considering how new the Arcanum shirt is. Kind of like trying to print leg slots shortly after Dungeon Bane was completed (looking at you Pants of the Panther ).
The topic has been locked.

2025 Volunteer and Participation 3 months 2 days ago #20

Thanks everyone! I made changes to the Beads and Charms. I am leaving the Volunteer charms boosted -- but still below this year's Beads.
Token Conjurer
Geek Dreamweaver
Nerdomancer
Author of the never-to-be-released "The Secret of Trees"
The topic has been locked.

2025 Volunteer and Participation 3 months 2 days ago #21

Should "Bead of Freya" be "Bead of Freyja" to match the spelling from "Scroll Freyja's Kiss" and "Necklace of Freyja" ?
The topic has been locked.

2025 Volunteer and Participation 3 months 1 day ago #22

Wyld wrote: Should "Bead of Freya" be "Bead of Freyja" to match the spelling from "Scroll Freyja's Kiss" and "Necklace of Freyja" ?


Yep! Good catch.
Token Conjurer
Geek Dreamweaver
Nerdomancer
Author of the never-to-be-released "The Secret of Trees"
The topic has been locked.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds