Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: True Dungeon Character Generators (App)

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 1 year 7 months ago #1285

Cranston wrote:

Dave wrote: Also, if there's a single target, it would be nice if AoE spells showed total damage in the dice roller. In room 7, if I cast a Fireball, it only showed base damage and I had to manually communicate the pool. However, if I used mage abilities with Fireball, the base and pool damage were combined and the total was displayed in the dice roller. If there is only a single target, no need to withhold the pool for allocation.

btw - I'm using the iOS version of the app on an iPad.

The problem I ran into is for rooms with multiple types of creatures, the app knows there are multiple creatures, but sometimes a single type of creature can have multiples. So the creature is a ghost, and there is one per player, but the creature file does not include a count, so I have no way of knowing there are multiple. At times those decisions are made after I get the file or right before the event, so the app cannot definitively know if there is more than one creature.


And that's understandable. The thing I found odd is that if I used a mage ability, it displayed the total with my bonus, but if I cast the spell without a mage ability it only displayed the base damage. So, whatever logic was being used wasn't consistent between the two approaches.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 1 year 7 months ago #1286

Dave wrote:
And that's understandable. The thing I found odd is that if I used a mage ability, it displayed the total with my bonus, but if I cast the spell without a mage ability it only displayed the base damage. So, whatever logic was being used wasn't consistent between the two approaches.

There is a very good reason for those two approaches being different. There is a bug in the code. lol.
I will take a look at it before the January event. It should just provide the base damage. Which mage power were you using? or is it the case with any of them?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 1 year 7 months ago #1287

Cranston wrote:

Dave wrote:
And that's understandable. The thing I found odd is that if I used a mage ability, it displayed the total with my bonus, but if I cast the spell without a mage ability it only displayed the base damage. So, whatever logic was being used wasn't consistent between the two approaches.

There is a very good reason for those two approaches being different. There is a bug in the code. lol.
I will take a look at it before the January event. It should just provide the base damage. Which mage power were you using? or is it the case with any of them?


It seemed to transmit the full total when I did Fireball - MEC - Conserve. Then the next round I would come back with just a Fireball (+MEC if I still had enough hp) and it would only send the base total.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 1 year 7 months ago #1288

Dave wrote:

Cranston wrote:

Dave wrote:
And that's understandable. The thing I found odd is that if I used a mage ability, it displayed the total with my bonus, but if I cast the spell without a mage ability it only displayed the base damage. So, whatever logic was being used wasn't consistent between the two approaches.

There is a very good reason for those two approaches being different. There is a bug in the code. lol.
I will take a look at it before the January event. It should just provide the base damage. Which mage power were you using? or is it the case with any of them?


It seemed to transmit the full total when I did Fireball - MEC - Conserve. Then the next round I would come back with just a Fireball (+MEC if I still had enough hp) and it would only send the base total.


Our Wizard was having the same issue when he used Lightning Storm - only the base damage would show. He was also on iOS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 1 year 7 months ago #1289

two questions;

where is the ghost accelerator in the slot-less ?

I have the skull of Cadaver and the semi-lich skull. with the lich skull I get + 1 HP per unique named tooth. while the Cadaver skull is equip in the slotless I cant add the indv teeth. does this mean that they are incompatible or does the coach check this manually before the run and the add in the + hp/named tooth ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 1 year 7 months ago #1290

Tyraël The Just wrote: two questions;

where is the ghost accelerator in the slot-less ?

I have the skull of Cadaver and the semi-lich skull. with the lich skull I get + 1 HP per unique named tooth. while the Cadaver skull is equip in the slotless I cant add the indv teeth. does this mean that they are incompatible or does the coach check this manually before the run and the add in the + hp/named tooth ?


One isn't listed.


Two you are correct. You don't get the HP bonus from the semi lich skull by using Cavadar and there is no way to equip teeth without unequipping Cavadar. Maybe you can bribe them to update Skull of Cavadar to add the HP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 1 year 7 months ago #1291

Kusig wrote:

Tyraël The Just wrote: two questions;

where is the ghost accelerator in the slot-less ?

I have the skull of Cadaver and the semi-lich skull. with the lich skull I get + 1 HP per unique named tooth. while the Cadaver skull is equip in the slotless I cant add the indv teeth. does this mean that they are incompatible or does the coach check this manually before the run and the add in the + hp/named tooth ?


One isn't listed.


Two you are correct. You don't get the HP bonus from the semi lich skull by using Cavadar and there is no way to equip teeth without unequipping Cavadar. Maybe you can bribe them to update Skull of Cavadar to add the HP.


I wish you the best of luck in that regards. There were several attempts to get that done during the original design and...well, you can see how that turned out. The hp bonus is the cost of equipping SoC.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 1 year 6 months ago #1292

Version 10.1.0 has been released on IOS and Android with the following changes:
1. Updated Creature File
2. Stalker set tokens have been added
3. A problem where consecutive AoE spells are not handled correctly with the dice roller has been corrected
4. Several tokens have been corrected relative to Focus and Ranged Damage
5. Charm of Spell Storing and Ring of Spell Storing are now mutually exclusive
6. Pirate Concertina has been added to the list of bard instruments in VTD

Happy New Year!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 1 year 6 months ago #1293

As always, thank you. Looks good and I can confirm it was available on both my android and iOS devices this morning.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 1 year 6 months ago #1294

Not an issue yet, but Charm of Biting is still not adding to spell damage.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 1 year 6 months ago #1295

It looks like the +2 Sun Scimitar has been removed from Offhand use for Monks.

Jeff Martin wrote: All damage is Sacred.

Acherin wrote: I also added VTD support for the most annoying token of 2024 the +2 Sun Scimitar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 1 year 6 months ago #1296

NM - looks like it was fixed (fighter viv's critting on 19)
What do we want? Evidence based science! When do we want it? After peer review!

Elf Wizard build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=570&id=247398

Rogue build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=569&id=245490#287189

Items for Sale or Trade
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247555

Items needed to complete my collection
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=61&id=253058

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Fred K.
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds