Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Treasure Enhancer Value vs Cost

Treasure Enhancer Value vs Cost 3 months 2 weeks ago #25

Mike Steele wrote:

OrionW wrote: I have an AoTF, but if I didn’t have one I don’t think I would go get one on the secondary market. After the Shirt of Focus not being included in the Arcanum Shirt multi year transmute I think it is likely best to wait until you have very clearly stated information on exactly what the transmute will be.


True, although for those without a HoP or CoA, the AoTF gives a nice 4 treasure pulls per dungeon. :)


if you have a CoA you cant use the HoP or AoTF correct?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Treasure Enhancer Value vs Cost 3 months 2 weeks ago #26

Tyraël The Just wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:

OrionW wrote: I have an AoTF, but if I didn’t have one I don’t think I would go get one on the secondary market. After the Shirt of Focus not being included in the Arcanum Shirt multi year transmute I think it is likely best to wait until you have very clearly stated information on exactly what the transmute will be.


True, although for those without a HoP or CoA, the AoTF gives a nice 4 treasure pulls per dungeon. :)


if you have a CoA you cant use the HoP or AoTF correct?

Correct. If a CoA is equipped, those Tokens can not be.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Treasure Enhancer Value vs Cost 3 months 2 weeks ago #27

If the next TE recipe required the AoTF, a token that has been out of print for 6 years, that would be a little ridiculous. If it had alternate recipes, like the CoA, I would not be surprised though. If you can afford to get it now, go ahead as it will go up in price even if it isn't used in a recipe at all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Treasure Enhancer Value vs Cost 3 months 2 weeks ago #28

balthasar wrote: If the next TE recipe required the AoTF, a token that has been out of print for 6 years, that would be a little ridiculous. If it had alternate recipes, like the CoA, I would not be surprised though. If you can afford to get it now, go ahead as it will go up in price even if it isn't used in a recipe at all.


Would it be more ridiculous than the Rod of Seven Parts or Skull of Cavadar requiring a UR that was out of print for six years? All three were announced with the earliest UR in the recipe (AoTF, Rod Segment 1, Tooth 1) still available. I wouldn't find any issues with it requiring an AoTF as it was announced as requiring, but I won't be upset if there is an alternate recipe either.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Treasure Enhancer Value vs Cost 3 months 2 weeks ago #29

Mike Steele wrote:

balthasar wrote: If the next TE recipe required the AoTF, a token that has been out of print for 6 years, that would be a little ridiculous. If it had alternate recipes, like the CoA, I would not be surprised though. If you can afford to get it now, go ahead as it will go up in price even if it isn't used in a recipe at all.


Would it be more ridiculous than the Rod of Seven Parts or Skull of Cavadar requiring a UR that was out of print for six years? All three were announced with the earliest UR in the recipe (AoTF, Rod Segment 1, Tooth 1) still available. I wouldn't find any issues with it requiring an AoTF as it was announced as requiring, but I won't be upset if there is an alternate recipe either.


Sure, building a Skull of Cavadar or Ro7P took an "UR" that was 6 years old at that point, but there was some warning. A better example would be if building a Skull required all seven teeth and a +2 Assassin’s Crossbow. It was only a 6 year old "UR" at that point. Didn't buy one then? Too bad.

Jeff Martin wrote: All damage is Sacred.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Treasure Enhancer Value vs Cost 3 months 2 weeks ago #30

Grizwald wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:

balthasar wrote: If the next TE recipe required the AoTF, a token that has been out of print for 6 years, that would be a little ridiculous. If it had alternate recipes, like the CoA, I would not be surprised though. If you can afford to get it now, go ahead as it will go up in price even if it isn't used in a recipe at all.


Would it be more ridiculous than the Rod of Seven Parts or Skull of Cavadar requiring a UR that was out of print for six years? All three were announced with the earliest UR in the recipe (AoTF, Rod Segment 1, Tooth 1) still available. I wouldn't find any issues with it requiring an AoTF as it was announced as requiring, but I won't be upset if there is an alternate recipe either.


Sure, building a Skull of Cavadar or Ro7P took an "UR" that was 6 years old at that point, but there was some warning. A better example would be if building a Skull required all seven teeth and a +2 Assassin’s Crossbow. It was only a 6 year old "UR" at that point. Didn't buy one then? Too bad.


There was equal warning here as the Skull or Rod, Jeff posted that the recipe would include an AoTF back when you could still buy an AoTF. It's certainly not the case where he's adding in a UR that's been out of print for 6 years that nobody knew would be part of the recipe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Treasure Enhancer Value vs Cost 3 months 2 weeks ago #31

Mike Steele wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: recipes never show up before the end.

What Jeff stated is a new transmuted TE will use the next 3 URTE's released along with the Amulet of Treasure Finding. The reveal of the final transmute will come the same year the third URTE is released


That's a bit unclear. Jeff's first statement was that the next transmuted TE will be AoTF and the 2023/5 TE URs. His statement this year didn't mention the AoTF and only mentioned the 2023/5/7 TE URs.


Both can be true if 2027 is a reprint of the AoTF.
this is not a signature.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Treasure Enhancer Value vs Cost 3 months 2 weeks ago #32

kurtreznor wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: recipes never show up before the end.

What Jeff stated is a new transmuted TE will use the next 3 URTE's released along with the Amulet of Treasure Finding. The reveal of the final transmute will come the same year the third URTE is released


That's a bit unclear. Jeff's first statement was that the next transmuted TE will be AoTF and the 2023/5 TE URs. His statement this year didn't mention the AoTF and only mentioned the 2023/5/7 TE URs.


Both can be true if 2027 is a reprint of the AoTF.


Except Jeff said originally that the transmute would be in 2026 after the 2025 TE UR and that the AoTF would never be reprinted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Treasure Enhancer Value vs Cost 3 months 2 weeks ago #33

Mike Steele wrote:

kurtreznor wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: recipes never show up before the end.

What Jeff stated is a new transmuted TE will use the next 3 URTE's released along with the Amulet of Treasure Finding. The reveal of the final transmute will come the same year the third URTE is released


That's a bit unclear. Jeff's first statement was that the next transmuted TE will be AoTF and the 2023/5 TE URs. His statement this year didn't mention the AoTF and only mentioned the 2023/5/7 TE URs.


Both can be true if 2027 is a reprint of the AoTF.


Except Jeff said originally that the transmute would be in 2026 after the 2025 TE UR and that the AoTF would never be reprinted.


Well, it sounds like all 4 statements can't be true; but a 2027 AoTF reprint can still keep 3 out of 4.
this is not a signature.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Treasure Enhancer Value vs Cost 3 months 2 weeks ago #34

kurtreznor wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: recipes never show up before the end.

What Jeff stated is a new transmuted TE will use the next 3 URTE's released along with the Amulet of Treasure Finding. The reveal of the final transmute will come the same year the third URTE is released


That's a bit unclear. Jeff's first statement was that the next transmuted TE will be AoTF and the 2023/5 TE URs. His statement this year didn't mention the AoTF and only mentioned the 2023/5/7 TE URs.


Both can be true if 2027 is a reprint of the AoTF.


Didn’t they already reprint? From the blue picture and gold backing to the new hi rez picture with orange backing ( with RFID chipping to deter counterfeiting )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Treasure Enhancer Value vs Cost 3 months 2 weeks ago #35

Tyraël The Just wrote:

kurtreznor wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: recipes never show up before the end.

What Jeff stated is a new transmuted TE will use the next 3 URTE's released along with the Amulet of Treasure Finding. The reveal of the final transmute will come the same year the third URTE is released


That's a bit unclear. Jeff's first statement was that the next transmuted TE will be AoTF and the 2023/5 TE URs. His statement this year didn't mention the AoTF and only mentioned the 2023/5/7 TE URs.


Both can be true if 2027 is a reprint of the AoTF.


Didn’t they already reprint? From the blue picture and gold backing to the new hi rez picture with orange backing ( with RFID chipping to deter counterfeiting )


That was a change to the Charm of Avarice, not the Amulet of Treasure Finding.

AoTF is a standard Ultra Rare token

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Treasure Enhancer Value vs Cost 3 months 2 weeks ago #36

Arcanist Kolixela wrote:

Tyraël The Just wrote:

kurtreznor wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: recipes never show up before the end.

What Jeff stated is a new transmuted TE will use the next 3 URTE's released along with the Amulet of Treasure Finding. The reveal of the final transmute will come the same year the third URTE is released


That's a bit unclear. Jeff's first statement was that the next transmuted TE will be AoTF and the 2023/5 TE URs. His statement this year didn't mention the AoTF and only mentioned the 2023/5/7 TE URs.


Both can be true if 2027 is a reprint of the AoTF.


Didn’t they already reprint? From the blue picture and gold backing to the new hi rez picture with orange backing ( with RFID chipping to deter counterfeiting )


That was a change to the Charm of Avarice, not the Amulet of Treasure Finding.

AoTF is a standard Ultra Rare token


Correct, I misunderstood and thought Mike was referring to a reprint of the CoA not the AOTF. Thought a reprint of the AOTF would be really nice!! I’ve seen a few of my favorites reprinted like the FoP Phoenix. Had one, had to give it up, finally tracked another down, and then saw the new ones coming out next year!!! I like to older design better but with how hard it was for me to find, it’s nice that Jeff does this to help newer players and older, find and collect tokens they love!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds