Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The next "4C" Transmute (coming in 2026)

The next "4C" Transmute (coming in 2026) 5 months 1 week ago #61

It’s vaguely egg-shaped, if you squint. :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The next "4C" Transmute (coming in 2026) 5 months 1 week ago #62

  • Druegar
  • Druegar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Semper Inutilia
  • Posts: 10466

BasicBraining wrote: It’s vaguely egg-shaped, if you squint. :D

Is that shape troubling...? 😕
Have you looked it up in the TDb ?
Please post TDb corrections in this thread .
If I write something in teal, it should not be taken seriously

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The next "4C" Transmute (coming in 2026) 5 months 1 week ago #63

Druegar wrote: There's now a placeholder for this in the TDb.

  • This is definitely not the final image!
  • This may not be the final name.
  • The full recipe will not be released until probably at least late 2025.

So based on this phrase in the entry:

"In addition to many other items"

it's safe to assume this item will not be like other 4Cs like the Bead of the Lucky Traveler or Icecraig Hero Earcuff where they only use the bits and a rare?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The next "4C" Transmute (coming in 2026) 5 months 1 week ago #64

Quite the opposite! I’ve taken to calling this token the EGG in shorthand :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The next "4C" Transmute (coming in 2026) 5 months 1 week ago #65

Druegar wrote: There's now a placeholder for this in the TDb.

  • This is definitely not the final image!
  • This may not be the final name.
  • The full recipe will not be released until probably at least late 2025.


Right now it will obsolete every "Glory" token as it doubles their Ring bonus, and unlike most Relics there will probably also be significantly more of these in circulation than the UR Glory tokens. It will completely tank their usefulness and value.

I would recommend changing it so that it gives +1 Ring but does stack with UR Glory tokens, so that if you have this and one of those you can get the +2 Ring tokens. Or, leave it at +2 Rings, but let it stack with one UR Glory token, so that you can get to +3 Rings if you have this and one UR Glory token.

That still makes this a super cool token, but doesn't obsolete UR Glory tokens.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The next "4C" Transmute (coming in 2026) 5 months 1 week ago #66

Mike Steele wrote:

Druegar wrote: There's now a placeholder for this in the TDb.

  • This is definitely not the final image!
  • This may not be the final name.
  • The full recipe will not be released until probably at least late 2025.


Right now it will obsolete every "Glory" token as it doubles their Ring bonus, and unlike most Relics there will probably also be significantly more of these in circulation than the UR Glory tokens. It will completely tank their usefulness and value.

I would recommend changing it so that it gives +1 Ring but does stack with UR Glory tokens, so that if you have this and one of those you can get the +2 Ring tokens. Or, leave it at +2 Rings, but let it stack with one UR Glory token, so that you can get to +3 Rings if you have this and one UR Glory token.

That still makes this a super cool token, but doesn't obsolete UR Glory tokens.


Or let us use an older Glory token in place of the "many other items". Capping rings at 4 seems right and not too crazy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The next "4C" Transmute (coming in 2026) 5 months 1 week ago #67

Limitless wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:

Druegar wrote: There's now a placeholder for this in the TDb.

  • This is definitely not the final image!
  • This may not be the final name.
  • The full recipe will not be released until probably at least late 2025.


Right now it will obsolete every "Glory" token as it doubles their Ring bonus, and unlike most Relics there will probably also be significantly more of these in circulation than the UR Glory tokens. It will completely tank their usefulness and value.

I would recommend changing it so that it gives +1 Ring but does stack with UR Glory tokens, so that if you have this and one of those you can get the +2 Ring tokens. Or, leave it at +2 Rings, but let it stack with one UR Glory token, so that you can get to +3 Rings if you have this and one UR Glory token.

That still makes this a super cool token, but doesn't obsolete UR Glory tokens.


Or let us use an older Glory token in place of the "many other items". Capping rings at 4 seems right and not too crazy.


The way I look at it is that even if it can stack with one UR Glory token, that Glory Token is still adding just one more ring slot and losing whatever slot the Glory token is in. That shouldn't be any more broken than the existing Glory token is.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The next "4C" Transmute (coming in 2026) 5 months 1 week ago #68

Mike Steele wrote: Right now it will obsolete every "Glory" token as it doubles their Ring bonus, and unlike most Relics there will probably also be significantly more of these in circulation than the UR Glory tokens. It will completely tank their usefulness and value.


Emphasis added to the points I want to push back on.

1. Charm of Glory already "completely tanked" the usefulness of the Hand and Gloves of Glory, since it frees up either of two single-item slots to give the same effect in a slot that has a base of 3 items (with expansion for more)
2. Class-specific Neck items tanked the usefulness of Hand of Glory since they almost universally provide a greater benefit
3. In spite of those pressures, the lowest priced UR Glory item I can find is $99 for a Hand of Glory, roughly the going rate for a PYP
4. Based on how far Hand of Glory has been eclipsed, I speculate that the token's value now comes from its rarity as a 2009 UR, not from its utility.
5. The proposed Earcuff of Greater Glory exists in a world with Earcuff of Orbits and Arcane Earcuff, meaning your ear slots can let you pick two from: +2 Ioun Stones, +2 Charms or +2 Rings. Not everyone will agree that +2 Rings is worth the trade off from the other two items, especially if they don't have the rings to support.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The next "4C" Transmute (coming in 2026) 5 months 1 week ago #69

  • Impy
  • Impy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Just a little Imp looking to surive out here
  • Posts: 252
Thank you for announcing this ahead of time, the power looks good for a relic level multi-year transmute in my opinion. I would appreciate if we would know if this will be more like Orion's Transmute Cost or a Bead of the Lucky Traveler Cost so we can properly plan for it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Impy.

The next "4C" Transmute (coming in 2026) 5 months 1 week ago #70

If prior transmutes are any indication, it'd be closer to bead of the Lucky traveller.

IF....
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The next "4C" Transmute (coming in 2026) 5 months 1 week ago #71

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote: If prior transmutes are any indication, it'd be closer to bead of the Lucky traveller.

IF....


Yeah, that's not the way its looking on TokenDB.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The next "4C" Transmute (coming in 2026) 5 months 1 week ago #72

  • Druegar
  • Druegar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Semper Inutilia
  • Posts: 10466

Endgame wrote: based on this phrase in the entry:
"In addition to many other items"
it's safe to assume this item will not be like other 4Cs like the Bead of the Lucky Traveler or Icecraig Hero Earcuff where they only use the bits and a rare?

Other than what has already been explicitly stated, it's not safe to assume anything about this recipe. This token won't be released for, quite literally, years. A lot can change between now and then.

Side Comment: "Many" is a vague term. To some, "many" could mean a dozen. To others, "many" might mean a gross.
Have you looked it up in the TDb ?
Please post TDb corrections in this thread .
If I write something in teal, it should not be taken seriously

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds