Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Queue for auction after Casey and Wade - getting feedback

Queue for auction after Casey and Wade - getting feedback 5 months 2 weeks ago #37

Jeff Greene wrote: While I understand the goal of maintaining some semblance of order, I wonder if the auctioneers are hurting themselves by taking turns. While there is a queue here, there are plenty of other auctions that have completed outside this forum. Those are going to keep firing without consulting the list of who's next.

If the auctions are different types, I don't think it will matter if there are 2 or some other number. Ultimately the market will level out at the number of auctions it can satisfy. Once everyone has their Patron code/Mark/PYPs, etc, auctions will get harder to complete. Waiting just makes it more likely that your auction will be the one where saturation has been reached.


+1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Queue for auction after Casey and Wade - getting feedback 5 months 2 weeks ago #38

Ian Lee wrote: An issue with waiting is losing out on preorder benefits.


And this. +1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Queue for auction after Casey and Wade - getting feedback 5 months 1 week ago #39

Jeff Greene wrote: While there is a queue here, there are plenty of other auctions that have completed outside this forum. Those are going to keep firing without consulting the list of who's next.


This is something I've been thinking about as well. It feels like there are a lot more auctions happening outside the forums than there used to be, and that's probably impacting the forum auctions. I feel like even last year, auctions during the pre-order period were closing in a day or two, not the much longer stretch they're taking this year. It's unfortunate for the people who are using the forum to run auctions to have this extra competition now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Queue for auction after Casey and Wade - getting feedback 5 months 1 week ago #40

To my knowledge, there is one non-forum auction running at all times. Those have slowed down immensely in close pace.

I'd say low interest in PYPs is the main reason auctions are not popping faster. That was expected to be the case. High Enlightenment, Patron, Marks all can mitigate to some degree, but PYPs are the main engine of auctions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Queue for auction after Casey and Wade - getting feedback 5 months 1 week ago #41

Jeff Greene wrote: While I understand the goal of maintaining some semblance of order, I wonder if the auctioneers are hurting themselves by taking turns. While there is a queue here, there are plenty of other auctions that have completed outside this forum. Those are going to keep firing without consulting the list of who's next.


Specifically during preorder season, I also wonder about the effect of auction end dates, because it's the flurry of action at the very end that determines the ultimate outcome.

From the perspective of a buyer looking to pick up a certain list of preorder items, I have a strong incentive to bid in auctions that will close soon -- so that either I'll win or I'll be outbid fairly quickly and can try again in another auction (and/or decide to recalibrate my expectations and bid higher). What I really don't want is to have the highest bid for say 3 weeks and *then* get outbid, because then I've lost 3 weeks of time and made no progress on my shopping list.

Obviously there's some lower limit (a 1-hour auction seems unlikely to fund) but I wonder if forum auctions during preorder season might actually get more bids by only running for ~1 week (maybe even 5 days) rather than several weeks.

Note that the climate may be entirely different during the rest of the year; my thoughts in this post are specifically about preorder season.
dmrzzz's trade thread

Yes, my AC is lower than the Wizard's. No regrets!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Queue for auction after Casey and Wade - getting feedback 5 months 1 week ago #42

Hypothosis - part of the success of the number of auctions last year was tied to Soto only running Onyx auctions

It seems that people who are interested in non TE / non multi year from a set don't seem to mind picking up a specific UR in onyx for roughly PYP price, and the limited the number of PYPs available kept the pyp price higher for more auctions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Queue for auction after Casey and Wade - getting feedback 5 months 1 week ago #43

If the auctions are different types, I don't think it will matter if there are 2 or some other number.


I'm wary of jumping the line, so I want to check with ralykam and WM13 if they're OK with me starting my Onyx auction while they're in line for non-Onyx auctions. If they're both good with it, then I'll go ahead and start mine up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Queue for auction after Casey and Wade - getting feedback 5 months 1 week ago #44

CURRENT AUCTIONS:
On Deck:
  1. WM13 - non-Onyx super condensed
  2. Zorblak - Onyx super condensed
  3. Lord Brian - non-Onyx super condensed
  4. Krym - non-Onyx super condensed
  5. Amanda - 16k for 10k
  6. AlanP - gambler's Onyx condensed 8k (details coming soon; no, this isn't ACTUAL gambling)
  7. Steve - 8k, undetermined
  8. Orion - undetermined
I write D&D things!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by AlanP.

Queue for auction after Casey and Wade - getting feedback 5 months 1 week ago #45

Hey all, I am all keyed up and ready to go with my auction.

I am planning on doing a very strange auction with no trade goods but instead a ton of the specialty items like rings, tenets, etc. Looking at 13 Circle Rings, 6 Tenets, 51 PYP, 18 Random Purples, plus a ton of other stuff augmenting in rings, shirts and more for $10k.

I have been waiting and don't want to jump the line here but looks like #1 Ralykam is up and #7 Fizzikx (Shawn in his slot dropped in too). Where do we stand? Is this list below still right and are we planning on posting a couple at a time? I am asking because if not, we are not going to run an auction and worry about our personal order instead (we were just trying to give everyone a shot at getting some of the specialty goodies). :)

On Deck:
1) WM13 - non-Onyx super condensed
2) Zorblak - Onyx super condensed
3) Lord Brian - non-Onyx super condensed
4) Krym - non-Onyx super condensed
5) Amanda - 16k for 10k
6) AlanP - gambler's Onyx condensed 8k (details coming soon; no, this isn't ACTUAL gambling)
7) Steve - 8k, undetermined
8) Orion
Amanda

Magellan the Ferret's Personal Caddy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Queue for auction after Casey and Wade - getting feedback 5 months 1 week ago #46

Personally I'd say go for it - you're basically an "other" auction that doesn't fit well in the current categories. Plus, I wanna see what you're posting! ;)
I write D&D things!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Queue for auction after Casey and Wade - getting feedback 5 months 1 week ago #47

AlanP wrote: With Beertram funded and closed, here's the update as I see it:

Current list:

CURRENT SUPER CONDENSED AUCTION: Flik - non-Onyx super condensed
CURRENT ONYX SUPER CONDENSED AUCTION: none
CURRENT STRAIGHT SALE: wldthng842/ Brandt Elster - straight sale 8k super condensed
CURRENT "OTHER" AUCTION: none

On Deck:
1) Ralykam - non-Onyx super condensed; paused pending end of Flik's auction
2) WM13 - non-Onyx super condensed
3) Zorblak - Onyx super condensed
4) Lord Brian - non-Onyx super condensed
5) Krym - non-Onyx super condensed
6) Amanda - 16k for 10k
7) AlanP - gambler's Onyx super condensed 8k (details coming soon; no, this isn't ACTUAL gambling)
9) Steve - 8k, undetermined



I think I'm gonna move from non-Onyx to Onyx. Let's see what the next few days holds :)

EDIT: wldthng842 has launched the straight sale super condensed as of Oct 31! The list above has been revised as a result.


If I cut in line please let me know and I'll back off, but I got a lot of pings on discord asking about onyx straight sale so I figured I'd give it a go. But def don't want to be making enemies around here. The last one I just tried to sell the last like 5 things Shawn had left when he needed to cancel. 🤷
Thanks,
-- Brandt --

Let's hang at PAX West or GHC! Or trade me tokens to build out my Monk!
Here's my current Monk
My Trade List

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Queue for auction after Casey and Wade - getting feedback 5 months 1 week ago #48

Brandt Elster wrote:

AlanP wrote: With Beertram funded and closed, here's the update as I see it:

Current list:

CURRENT SUPER CONDENSED AUCTION: Flik - non-Onyx super condensed
CURRENT ONYX SUPER CONDENSED AUCTION: none
CURRENT STRAIGHT SALE: wldthng842/ Brandt Elster - straight sale 8k super condensed
CURRENT "OTHER" AUCTION: none

On Deck:
1) Ralykam - non-Onyx super condensed; paused pending end of Flik's auction
2) WM13 - non-Onyx super condensed
3) Zorblak - Onyx super condensed
4) Lord Brian - non-Onyx super condensed
5) Krym - non-Onyx super condensed
6) Amanda - 16k for 10k
7) AlanP - gambler's Onyx super condensed 8k (details coming soon; no, this isn't ACTUAL gambling)
9) Steve - 8k, undetermined



I think I'm gonna move from non-Onyx to Onyx. Let's see what the next few days holds :)

EDIT: wldthng842 has launched the straight sale super condensed as of Oct 31! The list above has been revised as a result.


If I cut in line please let me know and I'll back off, but I got a lot of pings on discord asking about onyx straight sale so I figured I'd give it a go. But def don't want to be making enemies around here. The last one I just tried to sell the last like 5 things Shawn had left when he needed to cancel. 🤷


I know you're doing a sale rather than an auction, but it did feel to me a bit like you jumped the line. No enmity, though, and I don't know if others see it the same way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds