Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Proposed GT Class Lottery Approach

Proposed GT Class Lottery Approach 5 years 8 months ago #73

Ryan Short wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote: Would it be too much for the golden tickets to say
Puzzle or combat, run a or b on them?


I almost feel that, at that point you could also just put the class on a GT and let ppl trade their tokens if they're willing to play something else. Then it's completely random has no bias whatsoever (most consider that fair). Seems a little extreme to me, but it would definitely be interesting to try to find a way to do a dungeon with a class you are unfamiliar with.


I think you'd be increasing the cost of printing the Golden Ticket tokens substantially if you made each of them unique with a class and group on them. And I agree with Raven that it's a good teambuilding effort to assign classes within the group, and I think the groups that are on the Golden Ticket teams are usually pretty understanding about doing that. I just think it's better to do the class assigning once everyone is on the group, instead of first come / first served. It's not really team-building for the 10th person joining the group to have to pick between the three remaining classes. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Proposed GT Class Lottery Approach 5 years 8 months ago #74

bpsymington wrote: Hard to believe this topic already has six pages!

People are just anxious for their 2017 Token shipment!

Ed
Useful Links:
TD Character Creator
Amorgen's Excel Char Gen Tool
Token DataBase
Talking TD Podcast

TD Accomplishments:
Member of the first team to survive Epic True Grind
1st Solo NM as Poly Druid
Proud member of Gas Station Sushi
Don't Nerf Our Tokens!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Proposed GT Class Lottery Approach 5 years 8 months ago #75

Ok so as Harlax pointed out a few posts back, I concur. My only issue with the way GTs are currently handled is the combat versus the puzzle. I truly just accept i'll be on a puzzle run if i'm lucky enough to get a GT.

I'm one of those weirdios that saver the token opening process and set some aside to do each day.
Forget whenever my shipment arrives because it will be weeks before I open them all. If the GT is in the last pack...

Yes I would love to open the packs at my own pace and still have a chance to get on a combat run but i'm not terribly personally bothered if that doesn't happen. I CAN see why others might want a more level playing field in those choices.

As for the class thing, I think that has been well covered. I don't mind the way its currently handled folks seem to work it out in the end.

As a coach I LOVE the fact its all done ahead of time so there is pre-printed characters and a party card ready to go.

P.S. I do love the idea of the random number generator suggested.
Sweet a combat room, we won't take damage!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by valetutto.

Proposed GT Class Lottery Approach 5 years 8 months ago #76

I love the idea of a lottery to ensure people who open a golden ticket later still have a fair chance to be on the run they want and have a fair chance to play the class they want.

I don't understand the need for such a large reward for opening it first.

My only concern is if certain people really want to be on the same run, it may be harder to arrange that? I don't know.
I play Wizard.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Proposed GT Class Lottery Approach 5 years 8 months ago #77

is there a problem in the system?

have people been complaining about being on the GT runs and not having their class?

or is this finding a problem that does not exist?

I found a GT many years ago and ended up in a puzzle run with a class I don't play normally, since then I've been trying to buy a GT each year (at an average cost of 1200 US if anyone is interested)

sure I'd like my preferred class in the first combat run, but there are 3 other runs that I could have my loved class in.

the randomness is in the way the tokens are found.

sure the big buyers have more chances in the GT lottery, they buy more tokens.

what happens if the last GT is not found until the week before the con, that person would have no choice in what run or class they would have.

GT runs are like most other runs that players on the forums do, they plan out well in advance, play to strengths and work as a team

There was a player once who was willing to use a wish ring to save me on a GT run, of course I said thanks but don't waste it, that's the level of decency and support.

I've also seen players offer to chance classes in threads, and loan high end tokens.

as was stated earlier in the thread, we're all adults, we all support each other in the run and we all want fun.

The current system is fine by me, and yeah, I'm one of the people with the longest postage routes.
*mental note* always listen to Jeff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Proposed GT Class Lottery Approach 5 years 8 months ago #78

Brad wrote: is there a problem in the system?

have people been complaining about being on the GT runs and not having their class?

or is this finding a problem that does not exist?

I found a GT many years ago and ended up in a puzzle run with a class I don't play normally, since then I've been trying to buy a GT each year (at an average cost of 1200 US if anyone is interested)

sure I'd like my preferred class in the first combat run, but there are 3 other runs that I could have my loved class in.

the randomness is in the way the tokens are found.

sure the big buyers have more chances in the GT lottery, they buy more tokens.

what happens if the last GT is not found until the week before the con, that person would have no choice in what run or class they would have.

GT runs are like most other runs that players on the forums do, they plan out well in advance, play to strengths and work as a team

There was a player once who was willing to use a wish ring to save me on a GT run, of course I said thanks but don't waste it, that's the level of decency and support.

I've also seen players offer to chance classes in threads, and loan high end tokens.

as was stated earlier in the thread, we're all adults, we all support each other in the run and we all want fun.

The current system is fine by me, and yeah, I'm one of the people with the longest postage routes.




If anyone has room to complain, it would be the token buyer that lives farthest from Carbondale, lol. I don't have a dog in this fight as my odds of opening a GT are very slim, but it would seem there may not be an issue with the current process of signing up for the runs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Proposed GT Class Lottery Approach 5 years 8 months ago #79

  • Ro-gan
  • Ro-gan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 10th Level
  • Supporter
  • He's No Use To Me Dead.
  • Posts: 1980
For many of us, finding a GT is a once in a lifetime opportunity. It's much like winning the Lottery.

With that in mind, it's amazing how worse 'Merica has become with people's sense of "deserved entitlement."

It's a GT. Be happy you won it. Be happy you get to do something hundreds of others would love to do and not complain about it.

For those of you complaining about the GT Run first-come-first-served way of selecting Runs... would you also demand and cry about how you receive your millions of dollars Lottery winnings?!?
"It's treason then."



Cranston's Character Generator for iDevices or Character Generator for Android

Amorgen's Excellent Excel Character Generator

Have you checked the Token DataBase ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Proposed GT Class Lottery Approach 5 years 8 months ago #80

balthasar wrote:

Brad wrote: is there a problem in the system?

have people been complaining about being on the GT runs and not having their class?

or is this finding a problem that does not exist?

I found a GT many years ago and ended up in a puzzle run with a class I don't play normally, since then I've been trying to buy a GT each year (at an average cost of 1200 US if anyone is interested)

sure I'd like my preferred class in the first combat run, but there are 3 other runs that I could have my loved class in.

the randomness is in the way the tokens are found.

sure the big buyers have more chances in the GT lottery, they buy more tokens.

what happens if the last GT is not found until the week before the con, that person would have no choice in what run or class they would have.

GT runs are like most other runs that players on the forums do, they plan out well in advance, play to strengths and work as a team

There was a player once who was willing to use a wish ring to save me on a GT run, of course I said thanks but don't waste it, that's the level of decency and support.

I've also seen players offer to chance classes in threads, and loan high end tokens.

as was stated earlier in the thread, we're all adults, we all support each other in the run and we all want fun.

The current system is fine by me, and yeah, I'm one of the people with the longest postage routes.




If anyone has room to complain, it would be the token buyer that lives farthest from Carbondale, lol. I don't have a dog in this fight as my odds of opening a GT are very slim, but it would seem there may not be an issue with the current process of signing up for the runs.


I don't think it's just about who gets preorders last, it's also about someone who gets their Golden Ticket months later. I do agree there might need to be some cutoff point before GENCON.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Proposed GT Class Lottery Approach 5 years 8 months ago #81

Ro-gan wrote: For many of us, finding a GT is a once in a lifetime opportunity. It's much like winning the Lottery.

With that in mind, it's amazing how worse 'Merica has become with people's sense of "deserved entitlement."

It's a GT. Be happy you won it. Be happy you get to do something hundreds of others would love to do and not complain about it.

For those of you complaining about the GT Run first-come-first-served way of selecting Runs... would you also demand and cry about how you receive your millions of dollars Lottery winnings?!?


People did that, it's why they now have a lump sum option that didn't exist before.

To be clear, I'm not complaining.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Proposed GT Class Lottery Approach 5 years 8 months ago #82

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

Ro-gan wrote: For many of us, finding a GT is a once in a lifetime opportunity. It's much like winning the Lottery.

With that in mind, it's amazing how worse 'Merica has become with people's sense of "deserved entitlement."

It's a GT. Be happy you won it. Be happy you get to do something hundreds of others would love to do and not complain about it.

For those of you complaining about the GT Run first-come-first-served way of selecting Runs... would you also demand and cry about how you receive your millions of dollars Lottery winnings?!?


People did that, it's why they now have a lump sum option that didn't exist before.

To be clear, I'm not complaining.


Many of the people that go on Gold Ticket runs didn't actually find them, they bought them at $1000+ prices. I agree that finding a GT for many is a once in a lifetime event. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Proposed GT Class Lottery Approach 5 years 8 months ago #83

  • James
  • James's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Never let me play druid.
  • Posts: 1714
Stupid question, I know sometimes people volunteer for TD has there ever been a volunteer for TD and they got a golden ticket. Do they have to give up the ticket or they allowed to sneak that run in ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Proposed GT Class Lottery Approach 5 years 8 months ago #84

There have been lots of volunteers that have gotten a GT.

Raven, Chad and Ian immediately spring to my mind. But I am sure there are a few more.

To my very limited knowledge they have done their GT runs.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by jedibcg.
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds