Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Best Possible Treasure Enhancer Configuration

Best Possible Treasure Enhancer Configuration 4 years 3 days ago #121

Picc wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:

Picc wrote:

Harlax wrote:

macXdmg wrote:

Druegar wrote:

Kirk Bauer wrote: If I were in charge {snip} I would make the future legendary treasure enhancer a fixed number of draws (no Synergy effect)

Knowing the negative impact synergistic TEs have on coaches, I'd say that your hypothetical proclamation is likely.

To be clear, I'm not guaranteeing anything! This decision will be made far in the future, so nothing is settled at this time.


As much as I get synergy issues in calculations, I still really like the all for one and one for all bit that the synergistic pieces bring to the table. Also I want to buy 10 of them, which we shall see if it happens with the ear cuffs, but would totally happen if CoGF style came around again. A fixed TE that counted as a CoGF for those with them would be just as awesome even if they didn’t stack with CoGF’s. Synergistic tokens feel like they should be on a reprint cycle so young blood can get in on them, I get though the TE reprint issues.


Charm of Synergy was reprinted. 2012 and 2017.


That's why I think it would be a good candidate for first reprinted TE


a reprint delays loot cap creep for 2 years

new people want them

new people getting them helps old people through synergy

new and old are still likely to buy multiples which helps TD

putting more cogf specifically into circulation opens up an Avenue to COA construction for new people, and letting that happen let's us be more creative with the next legendary TE rather then having to compete with the COA

if we time it right we could even do it at the point where we could make it a component for both COA and the new legendary which would suck a bunch back out of the market. Which if I were in charge would do something like make all other TEs slotless (so 3ish slots back) and give you max benefit from your synergy items(easier time for coaches), and again delays raising the loot cap. Food for thought anyway.


If TE tokens are ever reprinted, I think they should be in order of printing, with Ring of Riches coming first. I have mixed feelings on whether TE URs should be reprinted. I think a lot of people buy a lot of extra TE URs, and if they start being reprinted that a lot fewer extras would be bought, possibly impacting token sales. Sales of reprinted TE URs would probably sell a lot worse than a new one, especially once you get past RoR and CoGF. On the other hand, TD may decide at some point that they don't want the amount of treasure chips from TE tokens to keep rising, which might require a cap, or reprints, or maybe non-stackable TE tokens.


I 100% disagree that a reprinted TE wouldn't sell well. I suspect the number of new players wanting them would out number folks who already had them and were banking extras to speculate. Were both just speculating though.

That said, its also part of the reason I would be in favor of a direct reprint of CoGF rather then RoR. I think people would buy more of them (assuming they weren't erratad to a flat cap). There is also some precedent for synergy being reprinted, while as you say, there isn't any for TE reprints.


You're disagreeing with something I didn't say. I didn't say a reprinted TE wouldn't sell well, but that it wouldn't sell as well as a new one would. Especially once you get past RoR and CoGF.

I also think if UR TEs start getting reprinted, sales of any new ones would drop because people wouldn't buy as many extras.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Best Possible Treasure Enhancer Configuration 4 years 3 days ago #122

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 6892

Mike Steele wrote: You're disagreeing with something I didn't say. I didn't say a reprinted TE wouldn't sell well, but that it wouldn't sell as well as a new one would. Especially once you get past RoR and CoGF.

I also think if UR TEs start getting reprinted, sales of any new ones would drop because people wouldn't buy as many extras.


Well agree to disagree then I guess.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Best Possible Treasure Enhancer Configuration 4 years 3 days ago #123

I really think the reason things in the Charm of Avarice recipe will not be reprinted is the fact that they are in the recipe. If TD was going to reprint a piece of one of the recipes it would be AoTF due to it being only 1 point of the 7 points requirement. And Jeff has already said he will not be reprinting AoTF.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Best Possible Treasure Enhancer Configuration 4 years 3 days ago #124

Wayne Rhodes wrote: I really think the reason things in the Charm of Avarice recipe will not be reprinted is the fact that they are in the recipe. If TD was going to reprint a piece of one of the recipes it would be AoTF due to it being only 1 point of the 7 points requirement. And Jeff has already said he will not be reprinting AoTF.


I'm not a stock-piler, but a CoGF reprint would be a gut-punch after having just purchased a CoA this past year. There was a huge sense of achievement after I picked mine up from Laz. It took a lot of time to save up for and it felt amazing to finally own one, and it remains the most expensive collectible which I've ever purchased.
"IMHO we like to solve problems here on the forums that are only perceived problems due to a myopic view." -Bob C


Trades
WTB: Onyx polymorph Potions

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Best Possible Treasure Enhancer Configuration 4 years 3 days ago #125

Picc wrote:

Harlax wrote:

macXdmg wrote:

Druegar wrote:

Kirk Bauer wrote: If I were in charge {snip} I would make the future legendary treasure enhancer a fixed number of draws (no Synergy effect)

Knowing the negative impact synergistic TEs have on coaches, I'd say that your hypothetical proclamation is likely.

To be clear, I'm not guaranteeing anything! This decision will be made far in the future, so nothing is settled at this time.


As much as I get synergy issues in calculations, I still really like the all for one and one for all bit that the synergistic pieces bring to the table. Also I want to buy 10 of them, which we shall see if it happens with the ear cuffs, but would totally happen if CoGF style came around again. A fixed TE that counted as a CoGF for those with them would be just as awesome even if they didn’t stack with CoGF’s. Synergistic tokens feel like they should be on a reprint cycle so young blood can get in on them, I get though the TE reprint issues.


Charm of Synergy was reprinted. 2012 and 2017.


That's why I think it would be a good candidate for first reprinted TE


a reprint delays loot cap creep for 2 years

new people want them

new people getting them helps old people through synergy

new and old are still likely to buy multiples which helps TD

putting more cogf specifically into circulation opens up an Avenue to COA construction for new people, and letting that happen let's us be more creative with the next legendary TE rather then having to compete with the COA

if we time it right we could even do it at the point where we could make it a component for both COA and the new legendary which would suck a bunch back out of the market. Which if I were in charge would do something like make all other TEs slotless (so 3ish slots back) and give you max benefit from your synergy items(easier time for coaches), and again delays raising the loot cap. Food for thought anyway.


So, we could have...
2023 money mittens +4 treasure
2025 reprint charm of good fortune
Legendary gloves of greed - count as amulet of treasure finding, money mittens, and charm of good fortune

That kinda slows the rising treasure cap without stopping it. New players can make the new legendary that is comparable to the charm of avarice. And also help old players by adding to the CoGF count. Players who already have CoA wont gain the full benefit since the second CoGF doesnt do anything, but they DO get to add the AoTF ability, which they couldnt have before since it can be equipped with HoP or CoA.
this is not a signature.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Best Possible Treasure Enhancer Configuration 4 years 3 days ago #126

Picc wrote:

Mike Steele wrote: You're disagreeing with something I didn't say. I didn't say a reprinted TE wouldn't sell well, but that it wouldn't sell as well as a new one would. Especially once you get past RoR and CoGF.

I also think if UR TEs start getting reprinted, sales of any new ones would drop because people wouldn't buy as many extras.


Well agree to disagree then I guess.


Out of curiosity, are you disagreeing that a reprinted TE UR won't sell as well as a new one?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Best Possible Treasure Enhancer Configuration 4 years 3 days ago #127

Arnold wrote:

Wayne Rhodes wrote: I really think the reason things in the Charm of Avarice recipe will not be reprinted is the fact that they are in the recipe. If TD was going to reprint a piece of one of the recipes it would be AoTF due to it being only 1 point of the 7 points requirement. And Jeff has already said he will not be reprinting AoTF.


I'm not a stock-piler, but a CoGF reprint would be a gut-punch after having just purchased a CoA this past year. There was a huge sense of achievement after I picked mine up from Laz. It took a lot of time to save up for and it felt amazing to finally own one, and it remains the most expensive collectible which I've ever purchased.


Well sorry to say it could happen. I took that gut punch when I bought LoDS last year AT Gencon. I only got one con and then the reprint tanked the value and even the functionality. Sucks but can happen any time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Flik.

Best Possible Treasure Enhancer Configuration 4 years 3 days ago #128

Flik wrote:

Arnold wrote:

Wayne Rhodes wrote: I really think the reason things in the Charm of Avarice recipe will not be reprinted is the fact that they are in the recipe. If TD was going to reprint a piece of one of the recipes it would be AoTF due to it being only 1 point of the 7 points requirement. And Jeff has already said he will not be reprinting AoTF.


I'm not a stock-piler, but a CoGF reprint would be a gut-punch after having just purchased a CoA this past year. There was a huge sense of achievement after I picked mine up from Laz. It took a lot of time to save up for and it felt amazing to finally own one, and it remains the most expensive collectible which I've ever purchased.


Well sorry to say it could happen. I took that gut punch when I bought LoDS last year AT Gencon. I only got one con and then the reprint tanked the value and even the functionality. Sucks but can happen any time.


Yeah. The token economy can be brutal to folks who have the means and are willing to spend on tokens, but haven't been playing very long.
"IMHO we like to solve problems here on the forums that are only perceived problems due to a myopic view." -Bob C


Trades
WTB: Onyx polymorph Potions

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Best Possible Treasure Enhancer Configuration 4 years 3 days ago #129

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 6892

Wayne Rhodes wrote: I really think the reason things in the Charm of Avarice recipe will not be reprinted is the fact that they are in the recipe. If TD was going to reprint a piece of one of the recipes it would be AoTF due to it being only 1 point of the 7 points requirement. And Jeff has already said he will not be reprinting AoTF.


We could also just clarify the recipe to say 2013 Charm of Good Fortune since that's really what it takes today, maybe new charms could count for 1 or even 0 points but I don't see it as a barrier we couldn't overcome.

Worst case, the 2013 CoGF is only 2 points vs 1 for AotF so assuming both were available for ~100 PYP prices, we would be talking about the COA being craft-able for about 1K with 4 COGF as opposed to about 1.3k with 7 AOFT (using kirks site for prices on the rest of the mats). IMO that still does a good job of maintaining the floor on price.

Mike Steele wrote: Out of curiosity, are you disagreeing that a reprinted TE UR won't sell as well as a new one?


Yes, I think given the amount of time between either ROR/COGF and the end of the nuggets, plus the number pulled out of circulation to make COAs, and the potential to get in on a synergy effect/make cheaper COAs, either would out sell a new +2-3 TE. But to be frank I don't really want to get into it since its all just speculation on our parts.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Picc.

Best Possible Treasure Enhancer Configuration 4 years 3 days ago #130

Wayne Rhodes wrote: I really think the reason things in the Charm of Avarice recipe will not be reprinted is the fact that they are in the recipe. If TD was going to reprint a piece of one of the recipes it would be AoTF due to it being only 1 point of the 7 points requirement. And Jeff has already said he will not be reprinting AoTF.


There is an easy way to do that. Any reprint TE that is in the CoA recipe would be 1 point so 2023 RoR is worth 1 point.

I am not advocating or dismissing reprints just saying how they could work with the CoA.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by jedibcg.

Best Possible Treasure Enhancer Configuration 4 years 3 days ago #131

jedibcg wrote:

Wayne Rhodes wrote: I really think the reason things in the Charm of Avarice recipe will not be reprinted is the fact that they are in the recipe. If TD was going to reprint a piece of one of the recipes it would be AoTF due to it being only 1 point of the 7 points requirement. And Jeff has already said he will not be reprinting AoTF.


There is an easy way to do that. Any reprint TE that is in the CoA recipe would be 1 point so 2023 RoR is worth 1 point.


I really like this idea. But as Picc correctly pointed out, we're just theorizing. I suppose we'll know in 3-4 years.
"IMHO we like to solve problems here on the forums that are only perceived problems due to a myopic view." -Bob C


Trades
WTB: Onyx polymorph Potions

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Best Possible Treasure Enhancer Configuration 4 years 3 days ago #132

jedibcg wrote:

Wayne Rhodes wrote: I really think the reason things in the Charm of Avarice recipe will not be reprinted is the fact that they are in the recipe. If TD was going to reprint a piece of one of the recipes it would be AoTF due to it being only 1 point of the 7 points requirement. And Jeff has already said he will not be reprinting AoTF.


There is an easy way to do that. Any reprint TE that is in the CoA recipe would be 1 point so 2023 RoR is worth 1 point.

I am not advocating or dismissing reprints just saying how they could work with the CoA.

That seems like a reasonable solution if that’s the way Jeff wants to do it. It’s all a long way out either way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds