Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Skull Con and Patron Side Event in June!

Skull Con and Patron Side Event in June! 11 months 2 days ago #73

Ian Lee wrote:

Jeff Martin wrote: Okay...how about this idea for Patrons during Skull Con weeekend?

Instead of having the Patron event at Walker's Bluff, we have the cool event either outside at the D&D Park or inside at the TD HQ Studio. So, there would be two separate events that happen over the same weekend -- about 3 miles apart.

1) Skull Con - you gotta have a Skull Con badge to enter and play the two-hour event

2) Patron Event - you gotta be a 2022 Patron to play it at TD HQ (but you don't need a Skull Con badge).

Thoughts?

Thanks!


This seems worse than having a live patron event at the con. It's overly complicated. Are patrons incentivized to travel to not attend the con? I'm sure someone is, but is it enough people to justify this weirdness?

I'd much rather just have the virtual patron event as the only patron event than have to worry about two separate events this same weekend. I guess that screws the people who don't want to or can't do virtual events, but they can argue for whatever they prefer.

The reality is that no matter what happens or doesn't happen with TD stuff, someone is going to be unhappy. Trying to cater to outliers is fine if it doesn't come with much cost (including nonmonetary costs), but there comes a point of not trying to handle a small number of exceptions.


If it makes a few people happy, then I am cool with it. I think it might actually be less confusing. Skull Con now will not mention the Patrons at all. It has nothing to do with Patrons under this idea.
Token Conjurer
Geek Dreamweaver
Nerdomancer
Author of the never-to-be-released "The Secret of Trees"
The topic has been locked.

Skull Con and Patron Side Event in June! 11 months 2 days ago #74

Fred K wrote:

4. Any chance we could work in a Jib-jub versus Grunnel event into SkullCon? Perhaps Jib-Jub-Gorgon versus Grunnel and his allies?

Fred


Gib Gub is a lowly rat.

Grunnel is a supreme being of AWESOMENESS!
The topic has been locked.

Skull Con and Patron Side Event in June! 11 months 2 days ago #75

Jeff Martin wrote: Okay...how about this idea for Patrons during Skull Con weeekend?

Instead of having the Patron event at Walker's Bluff, we have the cool event either outside at the D&D Park or inside at the TD HQ Studio. So, there would be two separate events that happen over the same weekend -- about 3 miles apart.

1) Skull Con - you gotta have a Skull Con badge to enter and play the two-hour event

2) Patron Event - you gotta be a 2022 Patron to play it at TD HQ (but you don't need a Skull Con badge).

Thoughts?

Thanks!


I think this is a great idea. With only owning one skull I was looking at going by myself 7 hours away and leaving my wife at home if I couldn’t find a skull badge to buy. But I could now at least get her to a patron event and we could enjoy the area the rest of the time.
The topic has been locked.

Skull Con and Patron Side Event in June! 11 months 2 days ago #76

Jeff Martin wrote: Okay...how about this idea for Patrons during Skull Con weeekend?

Instead of having the Patron event at Walker's Bluff, we have the cool event either outside at the D&D Park or inside at the TD HQ Studio. So, there would be two separate events that happen over the same weekend -- about 3 miles apart.

1) Skull Con - you gotta have a Skull Con badge to enter and play the two-hour event

2) Patron Event - you gotta be a 2022 Patron to play it at TD HQ (but you don't need a Skull Con badge).

Thoughts?

Thanks!


Jeff, that sounds like a great solution! And it makes it so that there isn't an event at Skull Con (Patron event) that Skull owners can't participate. I like that Skull participants can do everything at Skull Con (and the Patron event is the same thing for Patrons, they can do everything there). And, they are close to each other for those with both Patron and Skull admission. :)
Last edit: by Mike Steele.
The topic has been locked.

Skull Con and Patron Side Event in June! 11 months 2 days ago #77

I may be misunderstanding the idea here, but I'd like to see exactly one special patron completion token (separate from the skull event completion token). This could be given out to all patrons, whether they do the in person events, the virtual events, or both (if permitted)

I would personally rather do an in person patron event during skull weekend than a VTD. I loved the sealed PvP, token and puzzle design of TDC, and I know I'm not alone. An outdoor event at the D&D park would be great!

I don't want to overly complicate what I'm sure will be an already busy weekend for TPTB though. I will be appreciative of any events that happen.

I do think an in person patron event would up the value of the patron codes in the upcoming auctions.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 
The topic has been locked.

Skull Con and Patron Side Event in June! 11 months 2 days ago #78

I have one skull and will have one patron code.
I have a VERY strong preference for an in person patron event vs virtual (and it sounds like I won't get to do the virtual at all with only one patron code if I do in person...which is fine).
I have a preference for having the patron event the same weekend as skull con, since I will be traveling on my own and not need to worry about wife or kids for the weekend.
I have no preference on patron event at skull con vs nearby.
this is not a signature.
The topic has been locked.

Skull Con and Patron Side Event in June! 11 months 2 days ago #79

I like the idea of different participation tokens for the in person and virtual Patron events.
The topic has been locked.

Skull Con and Patron Side Event in June! 11 months 2 days ago #80

edwin wrote: I like the idea of different participation tokens for the in person and virtual Patron events.


If one Patron code gets me in to both events I like it.
Otherwise I respectfully disagree.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 
The topic has been locked.

Skull Con and Patron Side Event in June! 11 months 2 days ago #81

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote:

edwin wrote: I like the idea of different participation tokens for the in person and virtual Patron events.


If one Patron code gets me in to both events I like it.
Otherwise I respectfully disagree.


Yes, there is only one Patron code per person, so the code would work for both the live and the virtual event. And a person can play both and collect both Participation tokens.
Token Conjurer
Geek Dreamweaver
Nerdomancer
Author of the never-to-be-released "The Secret of Trees"
Last edit: by Jeff Martin.
The topic has been locked.

Skull Con and Patron Side Event in June! 11 months 2 days ago #82

Jeff Martin wrote:

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote:

edwin wrote: I like the idea of different participation tokens for the in person and virtual Patron events.


If one Patron code gets me in to both events I like it.
Otherwise I respectfully disagree.


Yes, there is only one Patron code per person, so the code would work for both the live and the virtual event. And a person can play both and collect both Participation tokens.


I wasn't sure if this was the intent, or if it was that one would need two patron pins (and codes). Thank you for clarifying!

Also, of course we'd all take more stuff, we are gamers after all.....
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 
The topic has been locked.

Skull Con and Patron Side Event in June! 11 months 2 days ago #83

Okay, I am making the change as suggestion to Skull Con. I have removed all mention of the Patron event from the Skull Con page, and I have updated the $8K details.

I will also make a new page in a few days that better explains the Patron events for 2022. Stay tuned.

And thanks a bunch for the feedback! I hope we make a lot of folks happy in June!
Token Conjurer
Geek Dreamweaver
Nerdomancer
Author of the never-to-be-released "The Secret of Trees"
The topic has been locked.

Skull Con and Patron Side Event in June! 11 months 2 days ago #84

Jeff Martin wrote: Okay, I am making the change as suggestion to Skull Con. I have removed all mention of the Patron event from the Skull Con page, and I have updated the $8K details.

I will also make a new page in a few days that better explains the Patron events for 2022. Stay tuned.

And thanks a bunch for the feedback! I hope we make a lot of folks happy in June!


You've already made us happy in November with this news. June is going to be a blast! 💀

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Get your Character Class T-Shirts HERE! https://www.redbubble.com/people/snakeeyes0217/collections/723278-dungeon-adventure-wear

Get $10 off your first order from Trent Tokens with this code! http://i.refs.cc/RsPEAVgF
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds