Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Curse tokens...

Curse tokens... 1 year 10 months ago #13

kurtreznor wrote: does the Fork of Glutony affect using polymorph potions with the druid legendary?

Great question! CURSED Fork of Glutony now includes the answer. Spoiler Alert: it doesn't
Have you looked it up in the TDb ?
Please post TDb corrections in this thread .
If I write something in teal, it should not be taken seriously

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Druegar. Reason: corrected link

Curse tokens... 1 year 10 months ago #14

Druegar wrote:

kurtreznor wrote: does the Fork of Glutony affect using polymorph potions with the druid legendary?

Great question! Iktomi's Shaper Necklace now includes the answer. Spoiler Alert: it doesn't


I didn't see the answer - maybe mine isn't refreshing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Curse tokens... 1 year 10 months ago #15

jedibcg wrote: I count about 36 skull con runs and 11 patron runs. If they were all full that would be 470 * 5 pulls out of the cursed box. At 15.48% that would be 363.78. I am curious about when you saw someone draw 5 though. When I spoke to Jeff after my patron run the most was 4 out of 5, but I had one of the earlier patron runs so maybe it was after that or Jeff misremembered.

I do have to say all 5 of mine were actually the same 5, which seems unlikely.


Thinking about it, I think the person who got 5 was actually getting the draws for 2 people. I recall Trent getting 3 on one of his runs.

My original understanding is the curse effect only applies to GenCon but looking at the Tokendb entry, it isn't explicit that it is GenCon only. These might have an effect beyond GenCon. I'd say the pricing would go closer to $50-$75 because of that.

I also noticed in the updated tokendb entry...
"It is possible to suffer the effects of more than one curse at the same time. E.g., if you pulled this token and a CURSED Simian Claws of Wishing, you would be under the effects of both curses. However, if you pull the same cursed token more than once, the effects of the duplicated curse do not stack."

- I love the idea of a cursed monkey claw token - hopefully this becomes a thing. "I wish to be 20th level!" You are immediately transformed into a level 20 commoner fisherman. You are an amazing fisherman able to catch fish in any environment - your flyfishing skills are a thing of legend. Your to-hit and damage are +1 and +2 respectively with no spells, saves of 2's, no weapon or armor proficiency, and 50 hp.

Fred
What do we want? Evidence based science! When do we want it? After peer review!

Elf Wizard build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=570&id=247398

Rogue build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=569&id=245490#287189

Items for Sale or Trade
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247555

Items needed to complete my collection
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=61&id=253058

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Curse tokens... 1 year 10 months ago #16

Fred K wrote: - I love the idea of a cursed monkey claw token - hopefully this becomes a thing. "I wish to be 20th level!" You are immediately transformed into a level 20 commoner fisherman. You are an amazing fisherman able to catch fish in any environment - your flyfishing skills are a thing of legend. Your to-hit and damage are +1 and +2 respectively with no spells, saves of 2's, no weapon or armor proficiency, and 50 hp.


Nah, sticking with the 3rd edition stats that TD has used for existing classes, 20th level commoner had same base attack bonus as a level 10 fighter, mostly better saves, and proficiency with 1 simple weapon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Curse tokens... 1 year 10 months ago #17

kurtreznor wrote:

Fred K wrote:

jedibcg wrote: Take this data as you like, because it is very limited. We had 31 runs of data of 5 pulls from the cursed box (155 pulls total) for 24 total curses or about 15.5%. I haven’t a clue if that number is too high or tow to be accurate but it is the best data point I have. I don’t know mow many total runs there were that weekend or if they were all full runs. I only have the patron run info. Bases on that and the 15.48%, there would have been approximately 82 from the patron run. A different way to look at it is that every 2 individual runs or people would have got about 1.5 curses. Full run would have averaged 7.74 curses. Figure out total runs and you might have an idea how many total in circulation there is bases on the 15.48%, which again I haven’t a clue how accurate that is.


15% is actually pretty accurate for the runs I saw as well. We even had one person draw 5 curses in a single run (balanced by someone drawing none.)

Around 300 people went to Skullcon. I'm pretty sure the treasure mix was the same for both Skull and Patron runs. Between some people just doing one or the other of the runs and people who ran the skull run twice, it is safe to say there were approximately 600 instances of draws from the treasure box. I can't recall how many draws we each did - I think it was 5 plus the pack of treasure. Assuming 5 draws each, that gives us 3,000 draws resulting in ~450 curses so the 300ish seems pretty close.

The difference between the curses and participation tokens is these have no in-game effects after GenCon and can't be converted as trade goods. Essentially, they are just for collectors like expired trade goods or similar.

My guess is about $25-$50 is reasonable. Beyond that, it is a stretch for something with no in-game application and not super-limited like the artisan tokens.

Fred


No in game effect? Sure they do, you just aren't 'forced' to equip them after the first run at gencon. I plan to equip them all the time unless they become too detrimental.

Oh, not related at all: does the Fork of Glutony affect using polymorph potions with the druid legendary? I'm not sure since they aren't actually consumed. For me, it will only mean I can't be an otter.


You can't equip them (meaning these two curses) all the time. From the TD Curse web page: "These completely expire at the end of Gen Con 2022". Nothing but a collectable after that.
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our point of view" - Obi Wan Kenobi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Curse tokens... 1 year 10 months ago #18

Rob F wrote:
You can't equip them (meaning these two curses) all the time. From the TD Curse web page: "These completely expire at the end of Gen Con 2022". Nothing but a collectable after that.


I think, perhaps incorrectly, he means a self-imposed curse.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Curse tokens... 1 year 10 months ago #19

Rob F wrote:

kurtreznor wrote:

Fred K wrote:

jedibcg wrote: Take this data as you like, because it is very limited. We had 31 runs of data of 5 pulls from the cursed box (155 pulls total) for 24 total curses or about 15.5%. I haven’t a clue if that number is too high or tow to be accurate but it is the best data point I have. I don’t know mow many total runs there were that weekend or if they were all full runs. I only have the patron run info. Bases on that and the 15.48%, there would have been approximately 82 from the patron run. A different way to look at it is that every 2 individual runs or people would have got about 1.5 curses. Full run would have averaged 7.74 curses. Figure out total runs and you might have an idea how many total in circulation there is bases on the 15.48%, which again I haven’t a clue how accurate that is.


15% is actually pretty accurate for the runs I saw as well. We even had one person draw 5 curses in a single run (balanced by someone drawing none.)

Around 300 people went to Skullcon. I'm pretty sure the treasure mix was the same for both Skull and Patron runs. Between some people just doing one or the other of the runs and people who ran the skull run twice, it is safe to say there were approximately 600 instances of draws from the treasure box. I can't recall how many draws we each did - I think it was 5 plus the pack of treasure. Assuming 5 draws each, that gives us 3,000 draws resulting in ~450 curses so the 300ish seems pretty close.

The difference between the curses and participation tokens is these have no in-game effects after GenCon and can't be converted as trade goods. Essentially, they are just for collectors like expired trade goods or similar.

My guess is about $25-$50 is reasonable. Beyond that, it is a stretch for something with no in-game application and not super-limited like the artisan tokens.

Fred


No in game effect? Sure they do, you just aren't 'forced' to equip them after the first run at gencon. I plan to equip them all the time unless they become too detrimental.

Oh, not related at all: does the Fork of Glutony affect using polymorph potions with the druid legendary? I'm not sure since they aren't actually consumed. For me, it will only mean I can't be an otter.


You can't equip them (meaning these two curses) all the time. From the TD Curse web page: "These completely expire at the end of Gen Con 2022". Nothing but a collectable after that.


That's disappointing, it would have been nice for them to still be usable. Maybe it expires to keep the Coaching / DM jobs from being more difficult.

It didn't look like TokenDB.Com listed the curses as expiring at the end of 2022. Maybe that means they don't really expire after all? If they do, perhaps TokenDB.Com should be updated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Mike Steele.

Curse tokens... 1 year 10 months ago #20

Rob F wrote:

kurtreznor wrote:

Fred K wrote:

jedibcg wrote: Take this data as you like, because it is very limited. We had 31 runs of data of 5 pulls from the cursed box (155 pulls total) for 24 total curses or about 15.5%. I haven’t a clue if that number is too high or tow to be accurate but it is the best data point I have. I don’t know mow many total runs there were that weekend or if they were all full runs. I only have the patron run info. Bases on that and the 15.48%, there would have been approximately 82 from the patron run. A different way to look at it is that every 2 individual runs or people would have got about 1.5 curses. Full run would have averaged 7.74 curses. Figure out total runs and you might have an idea how many total in circulation there is bases on the 15.48%, which again I haven’t a clue how accurate that is.


15% is actually pretty accurate for the runs I saw as well. We even had one person draw 5 curses in a single run (balanced by someone drawing none.)

Around 300 people went to Skullcon. I'm pretty sure the treasure mix was the same for both Skull and Patron runs. Between some people just doing one or the other of the runs and people who ran the skull run twice, it is safe to say there were approximately 600 instances of draws from the treasure box. I can't recall how many draws we each did - I think it was 5 plus the pack of treasure. Assuming 5 draws each, that gives us 3,000 draws resulting in ~450 curses so the 300ish seems pretty close.

The difference between the curses and participation tokens is these have no in-game effects after GenCon and can't be converted as trade goods. Essentially, they are just for collectors like expired trade goods or similar.

My guess is about $25-$50 is reasonable. Beyond that, it is a stretch for something with no in-game application and not super-limited like the artisan tokens.

Fred


No in game effect? Sure they do, you just aren't 'forced' to equip them after the first run at gencon. I plan to equip them all the time unless they become too detrimental.

Oh, not related at all: does the Fork of Glutony affect using polymorph potions with the druid legendary? I'm not sure since they aren't actually consumed. For me, it will only mean I can't be an otter.


You can't equip them (meaning these two curses) all the time. From the TD Curse web page: "These completely expire at the end of Gen Con 2022". Nothing but a collectable after that.


Does the whole token expire, or just the curse?
The sentence before your quote says "Once you fulfill or negate the CURSE, you may keep the token as a keepsake."
So, I took the 'expiration' to cover the case of those who don't attend gencon; they don't have to remember the curse at whatever event they next attend (or do it for VTD), but I didn't think it meant that you could NEVER equip them again.
this is not a signature.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Curse tokens... 1 year 10 months ago #21

kurtreznor wrote:

Rob F wrote:

kurtreznor wrote:

Fred K wrote:

jedibcg wrote: Take this data as you like, because it is very limited. We had 31 runs of data of 5 pulls from the cursed box (155 pulls total) for 24 total curses or about 15.5%. I haven’t a clue if that number is too high or tow to be accurate but it is the best data point I have. I don’t know mow many total runs there were that weekend or if they were all full runs. I only have the patron run info. Bases on that and the 15.48%, there would have been approximately 82 from the patron run. A different way to look at it is that every 2 individual runs or people would have got about 1.5 curses. Full run would have averaged 7.74 curses. Figure out total runs and you might have an idea how many total in circulation there is bases on the 15.48%, which again I haven’t a clue how accurate that is.


15% is actually pretty accurate for the runs I saw as well. We even had one person draw 5 curses in a single run (balanced by someone drawing none.)

Around 300 people went to Skullcon. I'm pretty sure the treasure mix was the same for both Skull and Patron runs. Between some people just doing one or the other of the runs and people who ran the skull run twice, it is safe to say there were approximately 600 instances of draws from the treasure box. I can't recall how many draws we each did - I think it was 5 plus the pack of treasure. Assuming 5 draws each, that gives us 3,000 draws resulting in ~450 curses so the 300ish seems pretty close.

The difference between the curses and participation tokens is these have no in-game effects after GenCon and can't be converted as trade goods. Essentially, they are just for collectors like expired trade goods or similar.

My guess is about $25-$50 is reasonable. Beyond that, it is a stretch for something with no in-game application and not super-limited like the artisan tokens.

Fred


No in game effect? Sure they do, you just aren't 'forced' to equip them after the first run at gencon. I plan to equip them all the time unless they become too detrimental.

Oh, not related at all: does the Fork of Glutony affect using polymorph potions with the druid legendary? I'm not sure since they aren't actually consumed. For me, it will only mean I can't be an otter.


You can't equip them (meaning these two curses) all the time. From the TD Curse web page: "These completely expire at the end of Gen Con 2022". Nothing but a collectable after that.


Does the whole token expire, or just the curse?
The sentence before your quote says "Once you fulfill or negate the CURSE, you may keep the token as a keepsake."
So, I took the 'expiration' to cover the case of those who don't attend gencon; they don't have to remember the curse at whatever event they next attend (or do it for VTD), but I didn't think it meant that you could NEVER equip them again.


My request to TPTB - please let these curses still be equipable/usable after 2022 for those that want to. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Curse tokens... 1 year 10 months ago #22

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 10th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 7113

Fiddy wrote:

Fred K wrote: - I love the idea of a cursed monkey claw token - hopefully this becomes a thing. "I wish to be 20th level!" You are immediately transformed into a level 20 commoner fisherman. You are an amazing fisherman able to catch fish in any environment - your flyfishing skills are a thing of legend. Your to-hit and damage are +1 and +2 respectively with no spells, saves of 2's, no weapon or armor proficiency, and 50 hp.


Nah, sticking with the 3rd edition stats that TD has used for existing classes, 20th level commoner had same base attack bonus as a level 10 fighter, mostly better saves, and proficiency with 1 simple weapon.


Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Curse tokens... 1 year 10 months ago #23

If you want to equip a CURSED token in 2023 and beyond, equip a CURSED token.
If you'd rather consume two-for-one potions in 2023 and beyond, consume two-for-one potions.
If you want to equip a useless item in your melee offhand in 2023 and beyond,equip a useless item in your melee offhand.
We're not going to flick the CURSED token off the token mat. :)
Have you looked it up in the TDb ?
Please post TDb corrections in this thread .
If I write something in teal, it should not be taken seriously

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Curse tokens... 1 year 10 months ago #24

Druegar wrote: If you want to equip a CURSED token in 2023 and beyond, equip a CURSED token.
If you'd rather consume two-for-one potions in 2023 and beyond, consume two-for-one potions.
If you want to equip a useless item in your melee offhand in 2023 and beyond,equip a useless item in your melee offhand.
We're not going to flick the CURSED token off the token mat. :)


Does that mean I can equip a Lore token in my melee offhand? It's useless. ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds