Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ultra Rare Token Ideas

Ultra Rare Token Ideas 9 months 1 week ago #217

I like the charm of the farie. Way to round out dex so I don’t have to do it with another token and makes it so that my barbarian can fury and hit him for 100. I do think it’s on the lower end of the acceptable ur power but I feel it’s good enough.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ultra Rare Token Ideas 9 months 1 week ago #218

Miathan wrote: I like the charm of the farie. Way to round out dex so I don’t have to do it with another token and makes it so that my barbarian can fury and hit him for 100. I do think it’s on the lower end of the acceptable ur power but I feel it’s good enough.


I quite like it as well, but accept that I'm in the minority there. Even if I only get to attack for one round, I'd rather use a charm slot than a consumable or multiple dex-boosting tokens in a melee build. It's a bit of a moot point for me though as I'm currently playing a ranged build anyway.
I play Rogue. Occasionally I even play Rogue well.

Current build: tdcharactercreator.com/#/character/edit/54550c58-0964-4b14-af03-5c485ca2ef70

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ultra Rare Token Ideas 9 months 1 week ago #219

Bag of Winds (Slotless - Woundrous Item)

Usable by: All

The in game effects are limited only by your imagination!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ultra Rare Token Ideas 9 months 1 week ago #220

Crooked Dice (Charm)

Usable by: Bard, Fighters, Rogue

Requires CHA 15

For a die roll that affects only you, choose the numeric result (no special effects) instead of rolling (1/game)

TDb clarifications:

Only the numeric result is generated, any special effects such as auto pass, auto fail, auto kill, etc. do not occur.

You can't roll a die if you choose the option.

You may only use this token before rolling, not after.

This ability only affects die rolls specific to you, such as saving throws, not die rolls for the party, like initiative.

This ability can only be used during the adventure, it can not be used during coaching, epilogue, etc..





Or, as an alternative effect, this could have: Turn any 1 rolled by anyone in the party into a 2 instead (1/game) and make it slotless?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Matthew Hayward.

Ultra Rare Token Ideas 9 months 1 week ago #221

Baldric of St. Elmo's Fire (Waist)

Usable by: Bard, Cleric, Druid, Wizards

Additional shock damage with wands:
Common +5, Uncommon +7, Rare +9

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Matthew Hayward.

Ultra Rare Token Ideas 9 months 1 week ago #222

If Earcuff of Orbits is not reprinted:

A +1 Charm, +1 Ioun Earcuff

A +1 Charm, +1 Ioun Wrist Item

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ultra Rare Token Ideas 9 months 1 week ago #223

Tome of Tactical Insight (slotless or Tome slot)
- expend Weapon Specialization for the room to exchange rolls with another willing player.
- expend Weapon Specialization for the room to reroll initiative.
- if another player expends Weapon Specialization to reroll, you may do so also. 1/game

Wolfpack Charm
+2 melee damage if another player is Taunting
10 equipped in party - +2 additional damage

Mark of the Blooded Beserker (Runestone)
- while Taunting, Monster AC is lowered by 10 and your AC is lowered by 10. Not optional.

skjaldborg (old Norse for shield wall) (Shield)
+ 3 AC
+ 1 DR for each party member with Weapon Specialization with a shield

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Lequinian.

Ultra Rare Token Ideas 9 months 1 week ago #224

Lequinian wrote: Mark of the Blooded Beserker (Runestone)
- while Taunting, Monster AC is lowered by 10 and your AC is lowered by 10. Not optional.


Runestones are 1 use, turn in at start - is that what you want?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ultra Rare Token Ideas 9 months 1 week ago #225

Matthew Hayward wrote:

Lequinian wrote: Mark of the Blooded Beserker (Runestone)
- while Taunting, Monster AC is lowered by 10 and your AC is lowered by 10. Not optional.


Runestones are 1 use, turn in at start - is that what you want?


Yup. Didn’t see a natural spot for it and bouncing around different design space for runestones,

But to your implied point, UR is not the right level for a consumable. What slot makes sense for a DF? Torso and just drop the -10?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Lequinian.

Ultra Rare Token Ideas 9 months 1 week ago #226

Lequinian wrote:

Matthew Hayward wrote:

Lequinian wrote: Mark of the Blooded Beserker (Runestone)
- while Taunting, Monster AC is lowered by 10 and your AC is lowered by 10. Not optional.


Runestones are 1 use, turn in at start - is that what you want?


Yup. Didn’t see a natural spot for it and bouncing around different design space for runestones,

But to your implied point, UR is not the right level for a consumable. What slot makes sense for a DF? Torso and just drop the -10?


I'm fine with consumable URs in general, I just wasn't sure this was what you were trying to convey.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ultra Rare Token Ideas 9 months 1 week ago #228

I'd call it the Ring of Yrolg.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.369 seconds