Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2023 Re-Print Ideas

2023 Re-Print Ideas 6 months 3 days ago #61

Rob F wrote: - Please don't reprint the Relic's. I remember there being a thread where you confirmed Relic's would not ever be reprinted in their exact form. Please stick to this.

My counter argument to this:

Please don't creep the game till it's killed via creep. There is nothing wrong with the Greater Ring of Focus. We don't need to have an individual +4 spell damage relic and a +4 healing relic, and then 5 years later a +5 damage -1 con relic and a +5 healing -1 str relic just to preserve the "no relic reprint" rule.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2023 Re-Print Ideas 6 months 3 days ago #62

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote:

David Harris wrote: Yeah slotless will make ToH very attractive at the top end especially. I agree with Ian's analysis for 2022, early 2023. The number will creep higer over time, but will still stay relatively small.


Honestly I don't know about this. I am thinking the "top-end" will have it from 2 eldritch pieces.

I do agree with others that I hope this means a new space can be explored with the Arcanum set.

I see this as a great loaner piece.


Fair point Wade, I wasn't thinking about that...I should have been!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2023 Re-Print Ideas 6 months 3 days ago #63

I know others have already said it, but +2 Assassin's Crossbow

It’s on a lot of want list and there just aren’t any available to speak of on the market. And I think this year’s legendaries and relics just really drove up demand.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2023 Re-Print Ideas 6 months 3 days ago #64

It would be nice if we could get clarification on whether URs that are part of Legendary recipes are fair game for reprinting. I don't think anything has ever been said that they aren't, but at the same time I'm not sure one has ever been reprinted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2023 Re-Print Ideas 6 months 3 days ago #65

Bracers of Supreme Archery has been printed twice. Second printing coincided with Drake's.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2023 Re-Print Ideas 6 months 3 days ago #66

Ian Lee wrote: Bracers of Supreme Archery has been printed twice. Second printing coincided with Drake's.


Good point, along the same lines Iktomi's had both Charm of Spell Swapping and Lenses of Divine Sight which were both reprints. What I really meant though is that, unless I'm mistaken, none have been reprinted after the year that the Legendary that has them in it's recipe was introduced.

If that's correct, is that just a coincidence or is there an unwritten policy to not reprint URs after they are in a Legendary recipe?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Mike Steele.

2023 Re-Print Ideas 6 months 3 days ago #67

Any of the 2013 rare/uncommon Blunder Slug tokens (e.g., Charged Blunder Slug) would be nice to see a reprint of and if the pirate theme is continuing they would seem to fit the theme.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2023 Re-Print Ideas 6 months 3 days ago #68

An easy way to do this would be to look at the pricing and availability of tokens on the secondary markets. The most in-demand/hard to find/most expensive (excluding things like mithril coins and rings of 3 wishes) are:
Druegar's Death Die
+2 Assassin's Crossbow
Phoenix Figurine
TE Components for COA
Gloves of Weapon Finesse
Cloak of Displacement
Earcuff of Orbits
Goggles of Instant Analysis
Owl Figurine
Gloves of Flying Fists
Scroll: Fly

-Some of these shouldn't be reprinted due to being too powerful (or should be re-printed and nerfed a bit) - those are:
+2 Assassin's Crossbow (should be X3 only on a nat 20)
Gloves of Flying Fists (No idea how to fix this other than make the base attack use dex rather than str for ranged attacks using them)
Scroll: Fly (maybe only for 1 round?)

The cloak of displacement shouldn't be re-printed as is because it is more complicated than most players and DMs are used to seeing (ie if re-printed, simplify it please.)

That leaves:
Treasure Enhancers used to craft Charm of Avarice (I know the prior ruling was they wouldn't be re-printed but not re-printing them only negatively impacts new players - those of us with them can live with reprints)
Druegar's Death Die
Gloves of Weapon Finesse
Figurine: Phoenix
Figurine: Owl
Earcuffs of Orbits (I'll second the suggestion to make this a transmute like the charm bracelets)
Goggles of Instant Analysis
Greater Holy Symbol of Pelor
Bowl of Spirit Sight

I'd also add some that are getting harder to find:
Orb of Might
Crown of Might
Charm Necklace
+2 Boom Stick

Below UR, I'd recommend reprints of these:
Rare:
Charm of Enlightenment (but reduce it to +4 Wis)
Censor of Sacrifice
Ring of Dark Health
Flask of Sharing
Brawler's Horn
Brawler's Mug
Uncommon:
Greater Mistletoe
Masterwork Thieves' Tools
Common:
Weighted Net
Small Steel Mirror
What do we want? Evidence based science! When do we want it? After peer review!

Elf Wizard build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=570&id=247398

Rogue build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=569&id=245490#287189

Items for Sale or Trade
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247555

Items needed to complete my collection
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=61&id=253058

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2023 Re-Print Ideas 6 months 3 days ago #69

Mike Steele wrote:

Rob F wrote: - Please don't leave the Tinker Bits in the boxes "forever". Legendaries are supposed to be hard to make and there's other ways for players to get a level bump.

- Please don't reprint the Relic's. I remember there being a thread where you confirmed Relic's would not ever be reprinted in their exact form. Please stick to this.


Jeff's quote was "I have no plans to do a complete reprint of any Relic, but we might eventually get around to making something that is sort of like an old one...so instead of a Ring that is +4 to saves, it might be +2 saves and +6 hit points." from post 92 on this thread truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=570&id=245369&start=84#286216

It's worth pointing out that he said that nearly 5 years ago, and a lot of things have changed since then. He may have had no plans back then to do a complete reprint of a Relic, but that doesn't stop TD from having plans to do so now.


Says the man who wants to quote Jeff all the time about the next planned legendary TE.

I mean, if what was said 5 years ago doesn't apply, have I got a quote or 2 we should ignore.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2023 Re-Print Ideas 6 months 3 days ago #70

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:

Rob F wrote: - Please don't leave the Tinker Bits in the boxes "forever". Legendaries are supposed to be hard to make and there's other ways for players to get a level bump.

- Please don't reprint the Relic's. I remember there being a thread where you confirmed Relic's would not ever be reprinted in their exact form. Please stick to this.


Jeff's quote was "I have no plans to do a complete reprint of any Relic, but we might eventually get around to making something that is sort of like an old one...so instead of a Ring that is +4 to saves, it might be +2 saves and +6 hit points." from post 92 on this thread truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=570&id=245369&start=84#286216

It's worth pointing out that he said that nearly 5 years ago, and a lot of things have changed since then. He may have had no plans back then to do a complete reprint of a Relic, but that doesn't stop TD from having plans to do so now.


Says the man who wants to quote Jeff all the time about the next planned legendary TE.

I mean, if what was said 5 years ago doesn't apply, have I got a quote or 2 we should ignore.


I'm not sure I understand your point. It's worth pointing out Jeff's quotes until/unless he says something to change that. Are you saying we should ignore what Jeff said about the TE plans?

Also, I don't read the Relic quote quite as black and white as some do. I don't read it as him saying "we will absolutely never do an exact reprint of a Relic", but as him saying that as of five years ago he had no plans to do so - which in my mind leaves the door open for plans to change, more a thinking out loud post than a set in stone proclamation. Personally, I think it makes a lot of sense to reprint a few of the Relics either identically or functionally, but I won't be upset in the slightest if they aren't reprinted. This is a brainstorming thread after all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2023 Re-Print Ideas 6 months 3 days ago #71

It is, but "I have no plans to do a complete reprint of any Relic, but we might eventually get around to making something that is sort of like an old one...so instead of a Ring that is +4 to saves, it might be +2 saves and +6 hit points." is exactly as black and white as the TE thread I referenced.

I do think that proclamations 5+ years in advance is kind of absurd, but if we're holding to one, we should hold to all.

More practically, we should all be flexible and be willing to accept that while "Jeff said X 7 years ago" is a reason for us to have acted or not in a certain way, "Jeff changed his mind" should also be an acceptable reason for any given decision.

If my AoTF were to lose 75% of their "value" tomorrow, I'd be sad. The day after tomorrow, I'd be over it.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2023 Re-Print Ideas 6 months 3 days ago #72

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote: It is, but "I have no plans to do a complete reprint of any Relic, but we might eventually get around to making something that is sort of like an old one...so instead of a Ring that is +4 to saves, it might be +2 saves and +6 hit points." is exactly as black and white as the TE thread I referenced.

I do think that proclamations 5+ years in advance is kind of absurd, but if we're holding to one, we should hold to all.

More practically, we should all be flexible and be willing to accept that while "Jeff said X 7 years ago" is a reason for us to have acted or not in a certain way, "Jeff changed his mind" should also be an acceptable reason for any given decision.

If my AoTF were to lose 75% of their "value" tomorrow, I'd be sad. The day after tomorrow, I'd be over it.


We'll have to agree to disagree on whether the two are equally "set in stone", as the TE statements were made in a thread Jeff created specifically to state what the plans are, and to me "I have no plans" is more flexible than "We will..." types of statements. I think we do agree though that there won't be any reprints of any Relics unless Jeff says there will be.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds