Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Final-Final Token Images (minor tweaks this round)

Final-Final Token Images (minor tweaks this round) 4 months 1 day ago #1

If you are still with me...you are a super-star. Thanks so much for your invaluable help with polishing up these final images. Please have ONE LAST LOOK at this images -- especially the Participation tokens. If you give feedback, please state which Rarity level you are focusing on with your comments.
Note: Due to the uncertainty of next year as well as the possibility of a Bead expander, I dropped the number of Treasure Chips down to +2 with the Ultra Rare Bead of Bounty.

truedungeon.com/files/Common_23.jpg

truedungeon.com/files/Uncommon_23.jpg

truedungeon.com/files/Rare_23.jpg

truedungeon.com/files/Ultra_23.jpg

truedungeon.com/files/Transmuted_23.jpg

truedungeon.com/files/Participation_23.jpg
Token Conjurer
Geek Dreamweaver
Nerdomancer
Author of the never-to-be-released "The Secret of Trees"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jeff Martin.

Final-Final Token Images (minor tweaks this round) 4 months 1 day ago #2

Did you intend to buff the damage on the UR Ranged ioun? I’d leave that at +2.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Final-Final Token Images (minor tweaks this round) 4 months 1 day ago #3

Endgame wrote: Did you intend to buff the damage on the UR Ranged ioun? I’d leave that at +2.


Yes, we decided with the +2 Rares, it needed to be done. The Ioun Stone space is getting very crowded so feels about the right time to give this slot the move up to other slots.
Token Conjurer
Geek Dreamweaver
Nerdomancer
Author of the never-to-be-released "The Secret of Trees"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Final-Final Token Images (minor tweaks this round) 4 months 1 day ago #4

Jeff Martin wrote:

Endgame wrote: Did you intend to buff the damage on the UR Ranged ioun? I’d leave that at +2.


Yes, we decided with the +2 Rares, it needed to be done. The Ioun Stone space is getting very crowded so feels about the right time to give this slot the move up to other slots.

You just added the first Ranged damage ioun stone in 2020 at +2. I don’t think creeping the damage in that slot with Banshee prism just out of print is ideal. Save the 3 damage option for a relic - bet you would get lots of transmutes there.

Your idea of a 2 regen IS was better for something new in Ioun to be honest. If you’re really at a loss throw in a reprint.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Endgame.

Final-Final Token Images (minor tweaks this round) 4 months 1 day ago #5

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 6820
Gotta agree with Endgame, +3 feels like relic power level. I'd leave it at +2.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Final-Final Token Images (minor tweaks this round) 4 months 1 day ago #6

Could also make it +1 all damage (melee and Ranged) and some other bonus, like +1 ac, or -3 fire damage

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Final-Final Token Images (minor tweaks this round) 4 months 1 day ago #7

On the UR Necklace of the Zephyr, what does "No mods allowed" mean?

I notice the UR tome got shifted from an Instant Action to a free action. Is there a reason for that? It didn't seem all that powerful to begin with, it feels even less so now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Final-Final Token Images (minor tweaks this round) 4 months 1 day ago #8

I would prefer that the +3 was melee and not range for purely selfish reasons, but do feel that moving to +3 is appropriate. The overall power level of the game has increased and newer tokens should reflect this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Final-Final Token Images (minor tweaks this round) 4 months 1 day ago #9

Josh M. wrote: On the UR Necklace of the Zephyr, what does "No mods allowed" mean?

I notice the UR tome got shifted from an Instant Action to a free action. Is there a reason for that? It didn't seem all that powerful to begin with, it feels even less so now.


Agreed it feels week. Would recommend allowing rare scrolls and maybe UR scrolls (the fly scroll would be cool to see cast) if it is going to be a free action. I prefer the free action because it cuts down on the number of things a player will do in one round, so I think it is a good change but the overall item could use a boost. If I could use a rare scroll it would likely e corpse conversion or Loki’s blessing and neither feels overpowered.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Final-Final Token Images (minor tweaks this round) 4 months 1 day ago #10

I figure if the robes really are intended as healing robes they shouldn't include damage spells/polymorph damage (healing bonus could prolly go up to +5 from +4 in that case maybe?).

On the other hand, if they do have damage/polymorph, so are basically just conditional focus robes, they should have wizard included.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Final-Final Token Images (minor tweaks this round) 4 months 1 day ago #11

Endgame wrote:

Jeff Martin wrote:

Endgame wrote: Did you intend to buff the damage on the UR Ranged ioun? I’d leave that at +2.


Yes, we decided with the +2 Rares, it needed to be done. The Ioun Stone space is getting very crowded so feels about the right time to give this slot the move up to other slots.

You just added the first Ranged damage ioun stone in 2020 at +2. I don’t think creeping the damage in that slot with Banshee prism just out of print is ideal. Save the 3 damage option for a relic - bet you would get lots of transmutes there.

Your idea of a 2 regen IS was better for something new in Ioun to be honest. If you’re really at a loss throw in a reprint.


Thanks for the considered feedback. We have at Rare +2 damage Ioun Stones in the past (2020), so going to +3 is not all that strange I think.

tokendb.com/token/ioun-stone-jasper-ellipsoid/
Token Conjurer
Geek Dreamweaver
Nerdomancer
Author of the never-to-be-released "The Secret of Trees"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Final-Final Token Images (minor tweaks this round) 4 months 1 day ago #12

OrionW wrote: I would prefer that the +3 was melee and not range for purely selfish reasons, but do feel that moving to +3 is appropriate. The overall power level of the game has increased and newer tokens should reflect this.

Disagree completely, especially when +3 would be appropriate for a relic.

I also need to ask why is poly still so high on the robes? The spell damage isn’t fixed like Focus items (the most common spells get no bonus) so there should be a limit on the poly effect if it needs to be There at all. Note that +4 to poly is a dramatic increase in damage from the +1 available from Death Knight mail which will still be in print.

I believe the robes also pulls the max damage poly Druid right up to The Barbarian for Maxium damage - the Barb is at +70 currently and will go up to 72. The Druid is at 64 and goes up to 70.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds